3 | Fire On Fire

'Will she come tonight?'

Taehyung wondered as he buttoned up his white shirt, and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He was a fool to ask her to come back to him, but what else he could do? He just couldn't stay away. He had tried to break it off several times, and she did too, but every time one of them would go running back into each other's arms. It felt like an orbit. Shaking his head, he jumped when a knock on the door startled him.

"Son?"

"Dad!" Taehyung couldn't contain his excitement as he at once went to his father's wide open arms. "You're home. Ah! I missed you so much," he said, stepping back. "You know mom is going to get me married to one of her friend's daughters if you leave me to her one more time," he complained.

"Hey hey stop tae-tae," Mr Kim said patting his back. "I see you've a lot of complaints against your mother."

"Don't even let me start," Taehyung replied, shaking his head, and heard his father laugh. "Dad, I missed you. You're not going on any trips from now on. Right?"

"Ah! that could be a problem," his dad scratched his head nervously. "Because I'm also planning to stay away from your mother."

Taehyung laughed out loud before giving his father a high-five. "Do I really have to go to this party?" he whined.

"Unfortunately, yes," Mr Kim answered, straightening his shirt's collar. "You're looking handsome. Got any girl yet?"

Taehyung chuckled. "There's no one dad." he shook his head. "I mean look at me? I'm too good  for anyone, and I don't think any girl is going to match my standards," he shrugged, smirking and went back to sit on bed.

Mr kim laughed at his words. "Son, I used to say the very same thing and look where it got me," he smiled, taking a seat on bed.

"Hahaha... dad you're not funny."

"Well, I try to be," Mr Kim narrowed his eyes at him playfully. "But seriously... no one?" he raised his brows, not really believing his son.

Taehyung stared at him, and thought for a second and Joy's face flashed in front of his eyes. Yes. He slept with her, with their family's enemy, but who could blame him? She was hot and willing, and even if it hurt his pride, he couldn't deny that she was the best one he ever had. Also, she had always made him smile, and joked around. But, it still didn't change the fact that they were enemies and remained so for this lifetime.