42 | Stupid In Love

"I'm here for you. Always."

Placing a hand on his thigh, the older one smiled and Taehyung looked up finally. His eyes held an unknown sadness, which confused and scared Namjoon at the same time.

"I.. I don't want to talk about it Joon." Taehyung, being stubborn shook his head again. "I.. I want to handle it on my own. It's my own fight."

"I know you're old enough to make your decisions," Namjoon pressed. "But sometimes it's okay to seek help. At least tell me what can I do to help you? Because your condition is worrying me," he said, concerned.

"Can I ask you something?" Taehyung lifted his head to stare at the older, who nodded without a hint of hesitancy.

"Of course."

"I've hurt someone badly and even though I want to apologize I can't." He bit his lip and sighed. "Now that person is far away, may be happy and living without me, but I'm going crazy. I want to hope for the best but a part of me knows it's never going to happen," he mumbled.

"How do you know that it's not going to work?" Namjoon questioned. "I mean just apologize and-"

"I don't want that person back. That person is... is happy without me and I want that. I want that person to live-"

"Even if you're suffering?" the older asked, his eyes studying the younger one's reaction carefully.

"Yes, even if I'm suffering," Taehyung whispered. "How do I unlove someone?" he asked, his eyes showing vulnerability.

"You can't." Namjoon stared into his eyes. "All you can do is live with that feeling but you can always move on with life. Time-"

"Time doesn't heal anything." He cut his brother off.

"Yes, it doesn't but it does make you habitual to absence of someone," the older said. "You need to know that even if it feels like life is ending in the absence of someone, it isn't Taehyung."

"How to live again?" Taehyung asked, not noticing the tear that slipped through his eyes but Namjoon did and gently wiped his cheek.