8 | I Hate U I Love U

"What are you doing?"

Sehun looked back and forth between the two suspiciously, and Joy immediately stepped back from Taehyung. "Hey," she carefully approached her brother. "What are you doing here?" she asked, tucking her hair back nervously.

"Just wanted to check up on you," her brother replied. "Come on," he gestured to her to follow him and she hesitantly nodded her head. She waved at Irene and glanced at Taehyung's blank face before walking out of practice hall.

"Hun I was just watching dance practice and-" she tried to explain as they made their way to the school cafeteria.

"Joy," Sehun smiled. "It's okay to dance but choose your partner carefully next time."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, apologetically.

"There's nothing wrong with dancing. Take my advice and try convincing dad to let you join dance classes," Sehun suggested as he took out the chair for her.

"I don't think dad will allow it," Joy said, sitting in front of him. "I will be wasting my time on convincing him. He's going to say no anyways."

"Giving up before even trying?" Sehun said sarcastically. "That's the spirit dear sister," he mocked her and she chuckled.

"Okay okay enough about me," she shook her head, smiling. "How did you remember your sister today? Any special reason?" she raised her eyebrows and he narrowed his eyes, offended.

"I'm always here for you, and no I'm not here for some favor dear sister," he rolled his eyes before his eyes turned serious. "Why didn't you tell me by the way?" he asked and she froze on her place. "Why didn't you tell me there was something going on with you two?"

"Huh?" She clenched the ends of her skirt in hand. What was he talking about? He did not know about her and Taehyung. Did he? His eyes turned soft, confusing her again as he held her hand on the table.

"I was gone for a week and that basta- ahhhh your sorry excuse of ex boyfriend and his friends bullied you?" he asked, and she released a breath of relief.

"Thank God."

"Huh?"