9 | Little Do You Know

"Can you just calm down?"

Joy turned the door knob and walked into her house, only to witness her father and mother arguing yet again. "You're giving me a headache," she heard her father shouting.

"No, I can't calm down! You're always like this when I say something," Mrs. Park argued. "I asked you to buy that bag, didn't I? Now see... it went out of stock, and that Mrs Kim was showing off her new collection. You know how embarrassing it was? I didn't have that-"

"No, I don't know and I don't want to," Mr Park replied.

Joy went to the living room and saw their packed bags placed near the couch. "You are leaving already?" she asked, making her presence known.

"Oh, you're home."

"I asked you something," Joy said looking back and forth between her step mother and father.

"You know the company opened a new branch in the US. We need to go there to settle down some business," her father told her with a grim expression.

"Dad.. you aren't home most of the time and it's seriously-"

"Who is going to handle business then? You?" her father snapped startling her. "Look, I'm already facing problems with business and," Mr Park glanced at Mrs Park who rolled her eyes. "And I don't want you to create more problems for me now. Got it?"

Joy couldn't say anything as she nodded her head. She was hurt by her father's behavior. Mr and Mrs Park were always fighting. She had never seen them being civil to each other, and the person who was getting affected in the middle of their fight was Joy. Sehun gave up on them a long time ago. They couldn't understand why they were like that? Why couldn't they be like normal parents who spend time with their children?Why did they even get married?

Oh right.. It was a business deal. Mr and Mrs Park were always on business trips, and Joy wondered if they fought during that time too. She felt like her parents were too involved in business to care about their children.

"Also," Mrs Park placed her hands on her shoulder. "Stay away from that Kim family while we're away. Okay?"

"Okay." Joy replied, staring down at the floor. 'No take care of yourself? sleep on time? eat on time? Is it reserved for your biological son only?' she wanted to ask but didn't. She was too tired to participate in another fight.