41 | Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Joy's Point of view

"Joy, please come back here. It's your birthday darling."

I heard Yeri say it from the other side of the phone but shook my head in response even though she couldn't see me. I wasn't going back to that so-called birthday party because it was all fake.

A party thrown by my dear boyfriend Jackson was nothing but pretense and I hated it. He cheated on me. Again. That birthday party was just an excuse to fool me. Again. But I wasn't falling for it. I wasn't going to forgive him again.

"Joy, you there?" Yeri asked and I hummed. "I don't know what's going on between you and Jackson but please talk to him. He's already upset about it and you leaving his surprise party-"

"Yeri, enjoy your time with Jaehyun," I cut her off. "Thank you for celebrating my birthday this afternoon. I appreciate it but I can't attend his party. I don't want to see Jackson anymore," I said with a finality in my voice.

"Okay." She gave up and I sighed. Finally. She didn't know what an asshole my boyfriend was, so I couldn't blame her for convincing me. I hung up on her and wrapped the jacket myself tightly.

It was cold out here.

"I fucking hate you," I muttered under my breath as I thought about Jackson. How could that fucker cheat on me multiple times? Did I look that pathetic to him? I won't go back to him this time, doesn't matter how much he begged me to.

"Frown on a birthday girl's face? That's a bad sign."

I had been angry, really angry but a certain voice made me melt there like a lava as I stiffened in my place. I hadn't seen him for weeks now after that encounter. I was feeling embarrassed to be honest.

I fucking had wildest sex of my life with none other than Kim Taehyung, my enemy.

"Park Joy, hello there." Taehyung gasped dramatically as he stood in front of me.

"Hello." I bowed, my cheeks heating up as I felt his stare on me. I looked up when he stepped forward, coming in my personal space.

"Come with me." He smirked and I frowned visibly. Come with him? He wasn't serious. Was he?