11 | Dynasty

"You're late."

Joy looked up and saw Sehun waiting for her in the living room, her throat constricted as she faced her older brother and could not help but run into his arms. Sehun frowned and stood up for her with open arms, and he took her in the warmth of his body and hugged her tightly. "Joy?"

"Hmm?" she let herself cry in her brother's arms as her grip tightened. She was in pain. It felt like someone was ripping her heart out and she was helpless. Like everything was falling apart and she was standing in the middle, not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered and clutched his shirt tightly. She didn't notice the way Sehun's arms tightened around her. They both were feeling heartbroken but were too scared to share it with each other. It was impossible for them to open up with each other about this topic.

Why? Because it was related to Kim's. Joy was afraid of his anger, and he was afraid of Joy's disappointment in him.

"I'm sorry too my baby sister," he blinked back his tears and pulled her to sit on the couch. He wiped her tears softly and smiled. "I'm here if you want to talk to someone. Did something happen?" he squeezed her hand and she shook her head.

"I just want to say sorry," she sobbed and held both of his hands. "I'm sorry for everything I did to disappoint you Oppa."

I'm sorry for going behind your back.

"You haven't done anything baby sis. You can never disappoint me," Sehun cupped her face as his thumb caressed her cheek. "You're my pride, little one. Don't say things like that."

Joy burst up into tears and again hugged Sehun. Even though he was her step-brother, she was very close to him since Chanyeol visited only from time to time. She loved her brothers to death and it pained her to no extent to realize that she had somehow betrayed them. She had betrayed her family.

And for whom? Kim Taehyung? who only saw her as a quick fuck all this time?

"Joy. Is everything alright?" Sehun's voice made her move back as she looked at her brother's furrowed brows. "Did something else happen?"

Yes... my heart is broken.

"No," she shook her head and forced a smile. "I was feeling bad for our fight from earlier."