23 | Beautiful Life

"It's too early to go school."

Joy stopped on the last stair and cringed as she turned around to face Sehun, awkwardly. She gulped her nervousness and shrugged casually. You need to lie confidently Joy, she told herself and straightened up.

"I want to go early because I need to copy an assignment," she lied and he narrowed his eyes on her.

"What did you yesterday?" he scolded her and she lowered her head. My assignment is complete brother but I need to be early for him. "Joy, you know Chanyeol gave me your responsibility. Don't slack off." He furrowed his brows as she looked up, trying to look guilty.

"It won't happen again. I promise," she said, quickly. Promises are meant to be broken. Taehyung's words rang in her mind and she giggled.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Sehun asked, suspiciously, "I'm scolding you and you're laughing?" he gawked at her and she at once set her lips in a thin line.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, looking away and he sighed.

"Go now," he muttered. "I need to get ready for school too." He gave her a small smile and she nodded.

She walked out of her house and released the breath she has been holding for a while. She looked around and started walking hurriedly towards her destination.

Joy and Taehyung had decided to meet at the intersection of the road where they would go to school together as they would hardly get time around everyone, which explained her wish to go school early. This was the biggest risk she had ever taken with him except for the first time they slept together.

"You're late." She looked up and saw Taehyung leaning against the tree. Her cheeks heated up and she couldn't even bring herself to meet his gaze.

It felt different.

"Sehun started inquiring, so it kind of.." she trailed off and bit her lip when he walked up to her, slowly.

"Good morning," his voice was soft as he cupped her cheeks and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Let's go then." He also turned away, sharply, feeling equally awkward.