52 | When We Were Young

"Okay. That's enough."

Joy placed the fork on the table and looked at Chanyeol directly in the eyes as the older brother huffed out a breath, looking away. They were back in town to spend some time with family, which did not exist but whatever.

"If you've something to say, just say it Chanyeol," she breathed out. "You've been giving me those judging stares for a while now and it's really getting uncomfortable." She crossed her arms against her chest.

"Joy!" Sehun glared at her. "He's our older brother. Don't be disrespectful," he scolded her and she rolled her eyes.

"It's okay Sehun. She's an adult, very well aware of her actions." Chanyeol eyed her carefully. "But one thing Joy, remember this... I've always been on your side through thick and thin but if you ever hurt that boy... I won't be able to forgive you."

"I'm not betraying Sungjae," she defended herself.

"I'm talking about Taehyung," Chanyeol said calmly and her breath hitched. "Don't lead him on because I know you're not leaving Sungjae. I've seen Taehyung. He.. He is clearly into you."

"Sungjae is a loyal man, Joy." Sehun patted her shoulder. "I know you won't betray him but dragging Taehyung with you.. it'll hurt that guy." He sided with Chanyeol.

"Oh come on," Joy said. "We're just talking. We're... friends."

"Yeah," Chanyeol scoffed. "You talk to your friend till 3 in the morning and hang out with him for almost every day," he taunted and she gulped. "Look I don't want him to get hurt."

"I know," Joy mumbled.

"I'm glad we're on the same side," Chanyeol said as he stuffed his mouth with food. Her phone chimed and the expression on her face clearly told him about the sender. The way her face lit up and eyes twinkled in happiness, he knew it was Taehyung.

'Hey hot stuff? Want to hang out today? I'm bored in this shitty town' - Taehyung.

Joy grinned and replied with a quick 'okay' before looking up but immediately lowered her head when she saw the amused faces of her brothers. She let out an awkward chuckle. "Seulgi just messaged me some jokes. It's really funny." She stood up and walked to put her plate in the sink while brothers just shook their heads and concentrated on lunch.