30 | The Truth Untold

"What are you talking about?"

Joy could feel her heart racing in her chest as she waited for Sungjae to say something. She refused to believe that he was her stalker but he could be. A voice deep inside her head was still unsure. She had seen him in Seoul, may be he saw-

"I'm going to kill your brother," he at once whined. "Why doesn't he like me for you?" he said and she ran a hand through her hair, not really understanding him.

"Wh-what is going on?" she whispered and heard him groan from the other side.

"I sent a dress and card for you... you know valentine is coming-"

"What?" Joy couldn't help but scream in shock. Valentine? Dress? What the actual fuck?

"Yeah.. I like you," he whispered and she slapped her forehead in pity. This isn't happening. "And Sehun don't like me for you.. so he kind of hide my gifts from you."

"Sungjae." She sighed. I've a boyfriend already.

"Hey valentine is about the people we love and... we're friends," he rambled and she chuckled, softly. "I just liked that dress so I bought it for you. You can wear it on your date if you go on one," he mumbled.

"Date?" she raised her brows at his words even though he could not see her.

"I mean you must have someone in your mind. You're beautiful," he said, honestly and her cheeks heated up. She seriously liked Sungjae, he was a good guy and a part of her wanted to tell him about Taehyung but she won't.

Her stalker was enough for her to worry about. She did not want to add judgements from Sungjae's side too. She had an idea of his feelings and him suggesting to her the idea of dating someone else... well she admired his courage.

"I've no one in mind really," she mumbled and stood up to stare outside the window.

"Ah.. really?" he seemed nervous and surprised and she found that cute. She just hoped that with passing time his feelings would disappear for her. She didn't want to lose him as her friend.

"Sungjae let's talk later," she murmured and placed her head on the window glass. "I'm kind of tired and I'll surely check your gift," she said, wanting to focus on the current task which was- catching her stalker.

"Yeah. I don't know why Sehun doesn't like me for you," he joked and she let out a light laugh. She knew it wasn't Sehun but Chanyeol.

Chanyeol never liked boys around her and poor Sungjae wasn't any exception. Her older brother was really overprotective and Sehun had the same strict instructions to keep her in check. Both of them didn't trust any guy around Joy.