45 | Almost Is Never Enough

Jin pushed open the door of the cafe and saw Joy smiling there with Yeri. Her eyes were beaming with happiness and it made him smile, after her mother's death, it was the first time he had seen her smiling like that.

"Chanyeol." He spotted his friend at the corner table and went there. It had been one and half years and even though people tried to break their friendship apart, they were still strong.

"Hey, Jin." Chanyeol waved at him and gestured to him to take a seat. "I've been searching for law colleges. I think we should go there together. What do you think?"

"Ah I have to endure you there too?" Jin pouted and Chanyeol chuckled, nodding his head.

"So? You searched some colleges or we're going to the same college?" he asked.

"Whatever you decide." Jin shrugged before glancing at Joy. "She looks happy today." He pointed out and Chanyeol shook his head, smiling.

"Yeah."

"Something happened?" Jin inquired and his face fell. "Chan? What happened?"

"Dad is getting married again." Chanyeol sighed. "And he talked to Joy for the first time after... you know mom's death. She is just too happy about it."

"What about you? Are you okay with marriage?" Jin asked, frowning and Chanyeol shrugged.

"I don't know what to feel." He furrowed his brow. "I mean I'm leaving my hometown in a few months for college. I just hope that woman is worth it. I don't want Joy to suffer anymore."

"I understand that." Jin nodded. "My cousin is coming back here too. Taehyung." He smiled. "They are going to be classmates and I'll tell him to take care of her."

"Your affection for my sister makes me uncomfortable sometimes," Chanyeol grumbled under his breath and Jin laughed lightly.

"Uh-Oh big brother?"

"Yeah," he replied. "Why don't you talk to her? I mean she's 13. I understand that she's young and all but if you want a chance with her, you need to step up."