19

It was the first day of the qualifying matches.

Shouyou ran to the entrance of the gym with Tobio following soon after while shouting how the orange-haired decoy was a dumbass.

"It's like Hinata and Kageyama live on spinal reflex alone," Tadashi said.

"They're like insects," Kei said.

Both Ryunosuke and Yuu laughed as they heard the blond's remark on the two. However, the shocked reaction from Shouyou took away their attention— ceasing their laughter.

"Huh?" Yuuji, the Johzenji captain said. "That means..."

The blond with the spikey hair pushed Shouyou aside as he waved his hand towards the third-year Karasuno manager.

"Glasses-chan! Be sure to tell me your number today!" he shouted, making Kiyoko look away. "She's so cute when she gets shy."

As he watched Kiyoko avoid his gaze, his eyes wandered to the small space between Yuu and Ryunosuke— who were obviously bothered by him hitting on their oldest manager.

His grin widened as he caught a small sight of the girl who caught his interest as well. [Name], who was beside Kei had her arms crossed on her chest as she watched the Johzenji captain walk towards them.

Ryunosuke cracked his knuckles as he said, "This punk..." 

"First she hits on our Kiyoko-san then he's planning to do the same to our sweet [Name]?!" Yuu said with his teeth clenched.

"Noya-senpai, Tanaka-senpai," [Name] said, placing her hands on their shoulder. "I can handle this."

The [h/c]-haired girl softly pushing aside both her senpais so she could pass between them.

"I remember you," Yuuji said, once he was in front of her.

"Ah, is that so?" [Name] said. "I don't."

"Really?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at her. "I can make you remember."

The [h/c]-haired girl pushed the blond with the undercut who was leaning over her a little.

"Don't play around," she said. "The game hasn't started yet."

Yuuji chuckled as he stood straight up. "I'm more interested in you now."

"I wish I could say the same but my mom raised me not to lie."

"After my team wins, I'm gonna get your number," the blond said, turning around and walking away. "Oh, wait."

[Name] raised her eyebrow at the Johzenji captain who turned around and faced her again.

"I'm Terushima Yuuji. I'm afraid I didn't catch your name."

"That's cause I didn't throw it," [Name] said, smirking at him. "And if ever I do, I hope your receiving skills are well."

"I'll show you how good they are," Yuuji said, smirking back at her before walking away.

"Ah, I bet they are," the girl said in a sarcastic tone.

As Yuuji was walking away, both Yuu and Ryunosuke and started charging towards him.

"Hey!" Daichi shouted, failing to stop the two second-years. 

"You flirt!" Hana Misaki, their manager, said while pushing aside Yuuji. "Ugh.. I'm so sorry about that!"

The brunette bowed and apologized at the two for her kouhai's action. Yuu and Ryunosuke— who were already going to jump at the blond— stopped in mid-air as they saw the Johzenji manager take Yuuji's place.

"Hey, they stopped," Tadashi said. 

"They stopped in mid-air. That's awesome," [Name] said, chuckling.

The group watched as the Johzenji team entered the building— the captain waving at Shouyou.

"I don't feel so good around him," Hitoka said, shivering at the memory of his smug smirk.

"He won't get close to you as long as I'm here," [Name] said, patting the blonde's hair.

"Anyway," Kei started. "What was that earlier?"

"What was what?" the [h/c]-haired girl asked.

"You and that Johzenji guy," the blond said.

"Ah, that one. That was nothing. It's something I'm used to doing to turn down people."

"That looked like you were entertaining him more than turn him down," Kei said.

"Really?" [Name] asked, raising her eyebrow. "I see. Well, we're blaming that on his looks then."

The girl giggled as she saw the look on the blond's face. For some reason, she found it entertaining.

Kei rolled his eyes at the [h/c]-haired girl who started walking away. He couldn't really understand how her brain works sometimes.

"Wait a minute," he mumbled as he realized something. The blond faced Hitoka and asked her a question. "[Surname] has been hit on before?"

"Y-Yeah. Why, Tsukishima-san?"

'What the hell? Why do I feel so uneasy about it?' Kei thought to himself.