21

[Name] had a problem and what better way of dwelling on it than sitting on her floor while drinking apple juice?

The [h/c]-haired girl groaned as she pressed her palms against her cheeks. Once again, she was back to hating the fact that she had feelings. 

Why? Easy. She wasn't sure anymore with what she was feeling.

Her hand reached for her bag that was beside the legs of her study table. After digging inside her bag, she brought out her phone and opened her web browser.

Softly, she said what she was typing.

"Can I like two people? And search."

The girl bit her lip and tapped the side of her phone as she waited for the results to load. Once it did, she leaned her head back to her bed, her back against the frame of the bed, and groaned again— her phone now on the floor, still showing the results.

"I guess that's how it is now,"[Name] mumbled while staring at her bedroom's ceiling. "I like both of my friends. Who are blonds. Damn it. Is that my new preference?"

The girl chuckled to herself before covering her eyes with her palm.

How did it even start? Well, here's the thing.

[Name] noticed how she started enjoying more all the times she was with Kei— and by enjoy, it meant extremely ecstatic to be beside him. She couldn't pinpoint what specific time she actually started having feelings for the boy— it was a really gray area she couldn't exactly tell.

It still kind of surprised her whenever she'd look back and remember how she and Kei were both effortlessly ignoring each other's existence. Now, she couldn't imagine not annoying the heck out of the blond. It has been a long time since she found someone she could be that way towards— completely open.

'So, why did I have to end up liking him as well?!'

"Gah!" [Name] shouted. "I hate having feelings!"

'Maybe it's just a thing for me to like my blond friends.'

The [h/c]-haired girl couldn't really tell why she even started liking the boy. He was a— to sum it up in a word— jerk most of the time. He'd often say it's just him being blunt but boy he had a talent of making people annoyed at him.

'Still, he's pretty kind in his own way.'

[Name] smiled as she remembered how Kei had shown he cared in his own way.

The blond wasn't the showy type when it came to feelings. In fact, he was more of the 'I hate you but take care of yourself' type. It was amusing, actually. Seeing him have concern but covering it up with his usual passive 'I don't care' facial expression was something the girl got used to.

Sure, he didn't look that friendly, but he wasn't the type to look down on people unless he thinks they're just simpletons. 

Well, it wasn't really a big problem for [Name] that she caught feelings for the blond.

'I mean, I survived a year liking Hitoka-chan while only hanging out with her. It was hard, sure, but I can handle it.'

To be honest, the girl never cared about her crush liking her back. She didn't want to worry about that. Whenever she has a crush, her first priority would be to make him or her happy. So, right now, all she wants to do is make sure the blond could be happy despite their situation.

What just really bummed her out was the fact that she liked both Kei and Hitoka.

'Well, I don't really if I still like Hitoka-chan, but I think I still kinda like her.'

[Name] wasn't really that sure. Because of how little time they spend together now, the [h/c]-haired girl wasn't as certain anymore about how she felt towards her best friend. All she knew was that she cared for her. Besides, she had Tadashi so it was a no-brainer at this point that she should move on from her.

It was different for Kei though. She was sure that she liked him.

But as always, she wasn't going to do anything about it. If anything, she'd like to avoid it all in all. For now, she just wants a friend she can be herself with.