Don't worry - Jace Herondale

°°°°°

You are a shadowhunter and on a mission.

Characters involved: You, Jace Herondale, Isabelle Lightwood, Alec Lightwood, Magnus Bane

Trigger warning: death

Request: //

°°°°°

You were on your third mission on this day. The city was crowded with demons and when you killed one, basically four new ones appeared somewhere else. It was an ongoing process without a real success.

This time it was the job of you, Jace, Alec and Izzy to kill a bunch of demons on the docks. You already defeated some of them, but there was still a way to go.

Out of breath you drilled your seraph blade through the body of one of the disgusting creatures when you followed Jace to another spot.

Breathing heavily you activated your stamina rune with your stele on your left arm. You were tired, exhausted and not really motivated to fight anymore. It's hard to stay motivated fighting for the good when you know exactly, that the dark side will win eventually.

Being separated from Alec and Izzy, Jace and you reached another demon. He was alone and both of you ran towards him.

It was too easy. Just one demon for two strong and experienced shadowhunters.

You turned around, knowing it was a trap, but already to late.

Another demon came towards you, digging it's claw into your chest and scratching them down to your abdomen.

You gasped but the adrenaline blocked the pain.

Alec came up from behind and killed it. The moment the claws were gone, blood started to pour out.

You just stood there, blood dripping onto the floor and beginning to get light headed.

Alec grabbed you and you fell into his arms. He laid you down onto the floor and soon Jace arrived, screaming your name.

He took you away from Alec and placed you onto his lap. 'No, no, no, Y/N. We'll get this. We need to get you some help. Or an iratze. Healing you. No problem.'

He hurried, was shaking and tried to place an iratze on your neck. He could not keep his hands still, so Alec took over. The iratze peeled right off, not working.

You cupped Jace's face, leaving bloody handprints on his cheeks. 'Jace, listen to me. Don't worry, It's okay.'

He shook his head, tears rolling over his face and dripping onto your skin. 'It's not okay. I can't lose you, please. Stay strong, we will get help.' 

Alec lifted his voice. 'I called Magnus. He'll be there in a moment.'

He was right, shortly after he said that, Magnus appeared through a portal, rushing towards you.

Magnus examined your abdomen and tears filled his eyes. 'Oh, sweetheart.' He stood up and went over to his boyfriend. 'We all need to be strong right now.'

Izzy sounded upset. 'What do you mean, Magnus? Is she going to..?' She could not speak further. Magnus nodded and tears began to run down her cheeks too. Alec hugged her.

You weren't in pain. Dying seemed to be peaceful. You lifted your head, wanting to see the wound. 'Everything is alright, my love. Just don't look at it. We'll do this.' Jace was sobbing by now, rocking you two back and forth.

'I know that it's not going to be alright. It's okay.' You made the last confession that you had to do. 'Jace, I love you.'

He screamed out in grief. 'I love you too, Y/N. Why didn't you tell me earlier?'

You smiled. You had a crush on Jace since years now but were afraid of his reaction, so you kept silent and stayed alone. Now there was nothing to lose.

He leaned down and slowly touched your lips with his own. So this was your first kiss. Rather late than never, right?

You stroked his cheeks, trying to wipe the tears away and feeling your eyes getting heavier. 'Please don't close your eyes. Stay awake. For me. I love you so much.' The whining and rocking became stronger as you closed your eyes, not being able to keep them open.

You slowly faded away into the darkness, guided by the sobbing soft voice of Jace and resting in his strong arms.

It was a nice way to die.