Chapter 2

I stood there, blinking for several moments, as my brain adjusted to the blinding halos that seemed to surround the seven impeccably fashionable men that stood in the entrance to the apartment, which is also the kitchen, looking incredibly out of place.

As I glanced over at my grandma, who looked pretty darn thrilled with herself, the men (boys?) started to speak.

"Hello, we are BTS!" they said, putting their arms out slightly, meaning as much as they could, in the tiny space.

"Um," I said, glancing at them and then sharply back to my grandmother, "I... I can see that."

At about this moment, Daniel came over, peered out from behind me, and burst out laughing.

Trying to do damage control, I pulled him in front of me, which would somewhat block my baggy white T-shirt and purple Calvin Klein pj pants from their view, and hissed as quietly as I could, "Don't be rude." Thankfully he managed to stop laughing, but the face he made was almost worse.

"Uh," I started, searching for words, "if it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure he's not laughing at you...." I trailed off, forcing myself to glance back at them and meeting eye after eye in a series of unbearably awkward eye contact that left my face feeling like it'd been shoved in an oven.

"Why would I laugh at them? They're cool. They've got Jungkook and Jimin and RP and that Fake Crud," he said, and much to my chagrin, went on to sing "It's fake uh crud fake uh crud fake uh crud" while wiggling his arms and bobbing his head in fifty different directions.

Miraculously, they seemed to think he was pretty hilarious. RM was smiling a dimpley, egg grin, while Jin was laughing a very high pitched, hiccup-like laugh. Jungkook, Jimin, and J-Hope basically sang along to my brother's rendition of "Fake Crud," while V and Suga looked around at the apartment, taking in the mats and baskets hanging from the ceiling beams and the multitude of photographs covering the refrigerator, washing machine and dryer, and cabinets.

I really wished I hadn't left my phone in my grandparents' room.

When the serenade was finally over, everyone else seemed much more comfortable. My brother was essentially accepted as a new BTS member and was having way too much fun telling Jungkook and Jimin and anyone who would listen every embarrassing thing he possibly could about me, completely ignoring my grandma's scoldings. I tried to ignore him and prayed to the lord almighty that he was talking too fast for them to completely understand.

Since everyone seemed occupied for the most part, I took the time to glance over into the living room, and saw that my grandpa had disappeared. I took a few steps into the living room and saw that the door to my grandparents' room was closed. Good. Grandpa must be napping, which means I have one less thing to deal with, I thought. At least he won't be going on and on about how amazing Spain is just yet.

I walked back over to the kitchen, crossing my arms self consciously over my chest and leaning against the wall by the sink, observing and listening to all the random chatter, and feeling myself tense up every time my brother listed off some new embarrassing thing about me.

I heard the bathroom door open behind me and turned to see RM come out of the tiny bathroom. We made eye contact and he walked over to me. As he walked, a thought popped into my mind and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I choked out, trying desperately not to laugh. Cause there was no way in heck I'd tell him that I was remembering the time his fly was unzipped at a concert!

He looked at me for a second. "Okay. So am I RP?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I don't know why he calls you that, but at least it's better than RAP MONSTER in all caps. I personally prefer RPM, or revolutions per minute, if he's gonna call you something else, but he doesn't really listen to me." I gestured over to where Daniel was still being incredibly embarrassing. "As you can probably tell already."