Chapter 7

When I finally got back to my phone to catch up on texts, almost forty five minutes had passed. Partway through dinner, my dad had come home, and the BTS thing was once again rehashed. He found it all quite amusing (much to my chagrin) and made about two dozen jokes with my brother until I thought I would lose my marbles and they finally settled down.

As I picked up my phone, I heard my brother say, "Ugh, she's always on her phone."

I turned slightly. "Yes, because this is how I communicate with my friends. When you're older, I'm sure you'll do the same thing."

He made a face.

I checked my phone, and saw about fifty notifications, some from Prudence and Helena, a couple from Sofia, and most of them from Namjoon. Going to Namjoon's first, I quickly read through his texts as I walked back to my room and arranged myself comfortably on my bed once again.

"Ok, so I managed to talk to him a bit and it seems like he does like you. He says it's complicated though. Not completely sure what that means, but I got the idea that your age bothered him a lot. Also, the fact that you live in NY. He also sorta questioned your intentions and acted a bit paranoid about whether that could've just been an act... he was also concerned that maybe you just like him cuz you're a fan and not for who he is, but after he read our conversation he chilled out. Also, I told him that you seem like a pretty bad liar, so the likelihood that you're not being genuine is slim."

I smiled. "Thank you for the support. I feel slightly betrayed (again), but it's fine. Also, how can you know for sure that I'm not cackling evilly right now because my master plan has fallen into place?"

He responded pretty quickly. "You're welcome. And I really doubt you'd be some evil mastermind with such a sweet family. Also, Taehyung thought you were nice and he tends to be a good judge of character."

"Awww thanks. And please tell him thanks for me!" I said, smiling.

After a second, he said, "No problem. Taehyung says you're welcome."

After a brief pause in which I went over to my group chat with Helena and Prudence and managed to catch up with most of their texts, Namjoon sent me another message.

"Just so you know, I gave Jeongguk your number. He probably won't text you right away, but hopefully he will soon." I grinned and would've jumped for joy, but didn't because that would've required getting out of bed again. 

A//n: Sorry this is so short. I forgot to publish the last chapter last week so this'll be sorta a double update lol. And thank you so much to everyone and anyone who take the time to read this!! It really means a lot :D

~ xoxo Jewelea