Chapter 26

I woke up to Jeongguk sliding his arm out from under me.

    "Sorry, Princess," he whispered, as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "I didn't... mean to wake you."

    "It's fine," I murmured, stretching my arms.

    Looking around, I spotted Namjoon sitting in my chair. He was watching us with amusement and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly as I wondered how long he'd been sitting there. I dangled my legs off the bed and hopped down, standing a little awkwardly before my eyes settled on another chair.

    As I dragged the chair over to the bed, I saw Namjoon pass Jeongguk a contact lens case. Sitting down next to Namjoon, I crossed my legs and watched as Jeongguk took out his contacts. When he was done, Namjoon passed him his glasses, which he quickly took out of the case and put on.

    "Ah," he sighed. "Much better."

    I smiled at him, taking in how cute he looked. Suddenly, I remembered my mom and looked around, trying to see if I could find my phone. "Do you know what time it is?" I asked, standing up as I spotted it on the table next to a new tray of food.

    "Oh, hold on." Namjoon checked his phone. "It's two thirty-seven."

    "Oh, wow, okay." I grabbed my phone from the table and turned it on, finding my lock screen flooded with notifications. Scrolling to the ones from my mom, I read them over quickly. "Ugh."

    "What is it?" Namjoon asked.

    I sighed, sitting back down. "Nothing really, my mom's just wants me to come home."

    "Oh." Jeongguk inspected his fingers before glancing up at me. "You... should go. I don't want... her to be mad."

    "Yeah, but... I don't want to just leave...." I bit my lip, hesitating. "That feels wrong."

    "You've been here for ages. Really, it's fine," Namjoon reassured me, offering me an encouraging smile. "You should go home. If you really miss Jeonggukie that much, you can always call."

    I pressed my lips together, trying to fend off a blush. "Yeah, okay. I guess you're right."

    Taking my bag off the side of Namjoon's chair, I started to gather my stuff together. He shifted over so I could grab my coat. I shrugged it on and looked over at Jeongguk, who was watching me.

    "Well... I guess I'm gonna go...." I fidgeted with my fingers, glancing over at Namjoon warily.

    "What are you looking at me for?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

    I focused my eyes on my feet. "Um, nothing. Never mind," I mumbled, feeling like a total idiot.

    Jeongguk started speaking softly and my eyes darted to him involuntarily, but of course it was in Korean and I was left clueless. Until Namjoon smirked and stood up.

    "Alright, I know when I'm not wanted," he said, walking toward the door. "I'll be outside."

    I giggled nervously.

    When he'd finally left, closing the door behind him, Jeongguk smiled at me. "Come here, Princess," he called, waving me over. I couldn't contain my grin and obediently bounced forward, leaning my hands on the side of his bed.

    "Hi," I whispered blushing as he reached up to touch my face. I shifted closer, pressing my hot cheek into his cool hand. His fingers slid across my neck, making me shiver slightly, before tangling in my hair. Leaning over, I wrapped my arms around his torso as best as I could, resting my head on his chest.

    "Thank you," he murmured, petting my hair.

    "What for?" I shut my eyes, listening to the steady beat of his heart.

    "For... staying with me."

    He could've meant a million different things and I wasn't prepared to figure out which one he had intended, so I simply said, "Of course."

    Beneath me, his rib cage expanded and contracted with his breathing and I wished I never had to leave, that I could just curl up and let the movement rock me to sleep. But somewhere in the back of my brain, I could practically hear my mom nagging me to get home, so I reluctantly peeled myself off him and stood up, opening my eyes.

    "I'm sorry I have to go," I mumbled, pouting.

    Jeongguk smiled gently. "It's okay. You'll... come see me tomorrow, right?"

    I nodded. "Yes. Definitely."

    "Good. See you tomorrow."

    "Okay." I picked up my bag from the chair, sliding it on one shoulder. "Bye."

    "Bye!" He waved at me as I walked towards the door, sending millions of finger hearts my way, making me laugh. I waved back and sent some back to him, before opening the door and walking out.

    Namjoon looked over at me from where he was leaning against the opposite wall, tucking his phone into his pocket. "That wasn't very long."

    I shrugged. "It's not like we were doing anything. We were just saying goodbye. Besides, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

    He nodded. "True. Well, get home safe."

    "I'll do my best," I replied.

    "I don't want you to end up in the hospital too," he joked, making me roll my eyes.

    "Yes. That would be most unfortunate," I said dryly, starting to walk down the hall. "Bye."

    "See ya," he called, waving.

    I waved back. As Namjoon went back into Jeongguk's room, he called loudly, "Oy, Jeonggukie, you've got yourself a cool girlfriend. Too bad she isn't really your wife."

    I chuckled, but my laughter really went off when I heard Jeongguk's voice launch into a string of rapid Korean. Namjoon just laughed and I found myself desperately wishing I could speak Korean. Curse you, language barriers!

A//n: Sorry that this chapter is shorter than usual. I might update another later, but we'll see hahaha. I have to study for a Spanish midterm, so that might not happen unfortunately.

Anyway, as always, thanks so much for reading and sorry for any typos!! Love you guys!!!

~xoxo Jewelea