Chapter 6

Daniel and I walked to the train. It was really crowded because of rush hour, so neither of us got a seat. As we stood, I pulled out my phone to check my messages. Helena had finally arrived in our group chat and was thoroughly freaking out. I scrolled up a bit, to catch up with all their craziness, and saw that Prudence had sent the photo of Namjoon, Jungkook, and me. I saved it to my phone, then proceeded to skim through their excited texts. When I was finally caught up, I responded, "Hi. I am alive. I just didn't want to be staring at my phone the whole time they were there. I'm on the train now though, so I can talk, though service won't be great."

After several "yay"s and equally excited texts, Helena asked, "HOW DID YOU SURVIVE THOUGHHHHHH? Cuz I woulda just thrown myself on my knees and worshiped them."

I laughed, a smile spreading across my face. "Tbh, I just tried to treat them like normal people... I think bowing down to them would've made them uncomfortable... also my grandma and brother were there, soooo... that would've been really embarrassing," I answered. "Also, Jungkook saw me in my underwear. I thought you guys should know." I added a couple laughing faces.

And the chat exploded. Literal Armageddon couldn't have brought a response this big.

"GUYS CHILL," I said, frantically trying to keep up with the speed of incoming texts. "IF YOU WANT THE TEA, CHILL SO I CAN ACTUALLY TELL YOU WANT HAPPENED!"

Immediately, the rate of incoming texts slowed to a halt.

"Okay, so he was going to ask Namjoon when they were planning on leaving and I was going to change cuz I thought we might leave soon, and I told him, but I guess he didn't hear or something or didn't realize the room I was in was where I was gonna change and kinda walked in on me...." I paused, building up my courage to type out what happened next. "And he saw me standing there like a total dork in my underwear and shirt." I added about five million crying faces and sent it, quickly refreshing the page to see if they'd sent anything else while the train was in the tunnel.

"OHHHHHHHHHH NUUUUUUUUUU," Helena responded immediately. "I'm soooooo sorrrrry."

Meanwhile, Prudence asked, "How did he react? And what did ur underwear look like."

I laughed. Of course. "DEAD," I said. "And it's fine. In the moment, he just kinda stared for a second, then left. Later, he seemed kinda embarrassed about it though... especially after Namjoon found out and started yelling at him." After adding a couple laughing faces, I sent it.

"And about my underwear," I typed, trying not to die, "they're white with pink polka dots and pink elastic around the top... actually now that I think about it, they kinda matched my baggy white t-shirt."

"Lmao," Prudence replied once I'd sent it. "Nice. And I think that's decently cute." After a second, she continued, "ANd WhaT dO YOu MeAN nAMJoOn YeLleD AT hIM?"

Helena liked our messages. "Hahdhhaha," she said.

I glanced up to see what stop we were at. Daniel was standing next to me, looking tired and miserable. "We've got two more stops, okay?" I smiled at him.

He nodded. "You should get off your phone."

"I'm telling my friends about what happened earlier. A lot happened so I need to catch them up," I explained. "Is there anything you'd like to say to them?"

He shook his head. "That's stupid."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, well, if you think of anything you want me to tell them, let me know."

Turning back to my phone, I continued typing out my response. "Ok so he got scolded at two different times. The first was when Namjoon thought we were acting weird and asked if something had happened and I was like 'no nothing hahaha' which then made him super concerned and resulted in Namjoon freaking out at Jungkook like 'what the heck did you do' except that it was in Korean so I didn't really understand it but given the context, that's probably what he said." I sent that, then started on another message. "The second time was once Jungkook had told him what happened (with my permission) and then Namjoon freaked out again probably yelling at him for being a perv or whatever. It was kinda hilarious. He apologized so much and I was just kinda awkwardly like 'can we please forget this ever happened..?' So yeah that's what happened."