Chapter 36

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Pushing myself up onto my elbows, I leaned over and picked it up from my nightstand, groggily squinting at the caller ID. I could barely see — resulting from the combination of being half awake and having not yet put on my glasses — but after a moment of immense concentration, I was able to identify the blurry contact photo filling up my screen as the one Jane May had sent me on her birthday.

Smiling, I answered the phone and leaned back, sinking into the cool sheets.

"Morning," I said, my voice low and rough from sleep.

"OH MY GOD— He finally picked up! Jeez, Jeongguk, do you know how many times I've called you? I know you're a deep sleeper, but goodness gracious, this is a little ridiculous.... I swear, if there was an Olympic medal for hardest to wake up, you'd probably win."

"I... I'm really sorry," I mumbled, trying to stop my brain from echoing her words and the way she yelled at me.

"What? No, it's fine, don't worry about it."

I bit my lip. "You're sure you're not mad at me?"

"Of course I'm not mad." She took a breath and continued more quietly. "I was... a little mean before... wasn't I?"

"A little," I whispered.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be... I was just... frustrated that you weren't answering and then excited when you finally did and I guess... I guess I just wound up sounding angry, huh?"

"Yeah. You sounded pissed. I thought maybe you were reconsidering murdering me." I smiled slightly, thinking of the impossibility of her actually doing that.

She laughed. "I'm really sorry. I hope I didn't scare you too much."

"It's all good."

"Anyway, I know it's early, but we're finally free from this torture so um... can we see you guys? Namjoon said it was fine yesterday, but Prudence hasn't had much luck reaching him yet, so I don't know...."

I sat up straight. "Um, hell yeah. Hold on, lemme pull on some clothes and I'll be over in like... five minutes. Less."

She burst into giggles. "Patience, young padawan, all in good time. And I said you GUYS, not just you."

I pouted. "You don't want to see me?"

"Of course I want to see you, you dork. But I also miss the other BTS members. And my friends want to meet them too. Besides, we've got, like, a thousand cheesy letters and drawings for you guys, so we gotta make sure you get them."

I sighed. "Okay... fine. I guess I can share you for a little while...."

"How kind of you," she said dryly. "Anyway, it's okay if we don't wear masks right? In your dorm, I mean? I think Namjoon said it was fine but I just wanted to double check. Also, go wake people up so we can see you sooner!"

"What happened to patience? And yeah, I think it would be okay... I mean, we're all healthy, so I don't see why it wouldn't."

"Okay, good, 'cause that would've really sucked. Anyway, I'm gonna go. And wake people up and tell me when we can come over. That's your mission."

I chuckled lightly. "Yes, ma'am. I'll do my best."

After we said goodbye, I hung up and pulled my glasses on. As I checked the time on my phone, my eyes widened. 9:06? What the hell? How did she expect me to wake people up at such an un-Godly hour?!

A//n: Ahhhh!!! They're finally going to see each other again!!! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you so much for reading!!

Since this is such a short chapter, I'll post another one in a second :)

~xoxo Jewelea