(Chapter 1) Subtle and Smooth

The screeching of several non-marking shoes on the wooden floor was heard outside the gym. Standing right outside the door, he decided to take a break and get some air.

        He raised up his water bottle above his head and started glugging the water down. A few escaped drops fell on the white towel hung on his neck.

        This scenery was amazing, said person being Akaashi.
Bokuto wanted to watch Akaashi, always clinging onto the poor second year (more like lucky, I'd say). The pretty owl felt Bokuto's presence.

"You don't take a lot of breaks, Bokuto-san", he said.

His voice..     (Credits to Osaka Ryota-san. Thanks for being Akaashi's VA.)

"Bokuto-san?" He called and poured water into his mouth again.

"Eh?" Bokuto snapped out of his day-dreams. Oh how he wished he could own the pretty owl...

"Say, Akaashi, Do you have a girlfriend?"

         Akaashi almost choked on his water, thankfully not. He turned to the ace and presented his widened eyes, and looked away as fast as he could.

"No. I'd rather concentrate on improving my sets (for you), Bokuto-san."

         Bokuto captured every single movement of his with his owl eyes. He noticed the mild pinkish colour in Akaashi's ears.

"Really Akaashi?? You like me that much?!"

        Akaashi turned 180 degrees and said, "I admire you as an ace. Your power and plays are incredible."

        This was the kind of thing Akaashi always says when Bokuto goes into his 'emo mode'. But this time, it sounded different. But that wasn't good enough for Bokuto. You'd say greedy. I'd say needy. He feels like he's starving when not around Akaashi.

        The setter started walking back into the gym while Bokuto followed, making a few clumsy steps. "Akaashi, wait!"

         Akaashi turned around to face a blushing ace.

"That's it?" He asked, pouting.

"Is that not enough?"

"Akaaaaashi, you're so meeeaan...!" He whined.

         Now, what Akaashi said, that is, "admiring Bokuto only as an ace", was pure bullshit and only he knew that. He wanted to use this opportunity to get what he wants to know out of Bokuto-san.

"Then, Bokuto-san,"he said, placing his hand on his waist, "You tell me. Do you like me?"

        Now this phrase could be taken very well out of context, and that's what happened when Konoha accidentally walked into their 'family planning convo' as he labelled it as that into his mind. He looked around and walked away quickly, sweating nervously.

Bokuto looked down, and said "You're a great setter, and to me, no one can replace you..."

        Akaashi's heart raced as the corner of his lips turned slightly upwards.

"...but that's not it! I like Akaashi as a person, outside volleyball too. You're very sweet, and kind, ... and pretty..."

        Akaashi's eyes widened and he was thankful Bokuto didn't notice that. He  turned his smile into a smug grin and teased, "I'm not a girl, ya know?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   (A/N: I'm sorry readers, if there are any. I didn't mean to make it such a drag. I will do better in the next chapter. If you read this fully, I'm surprised and grateful. I will do better. Byee!)