(Chapter 15) I Miss You

The setter thought hard with all the brains he has.

What made him mad at me?

      Bokuto will never get mad at him that easily. There were a few episodes before, but that was just mock anger. Bokuto being this serious was a first.

What riled him up so much?

      He rewinded his memory of whatever happened from him leaving.

He gritted his teeth. Why?

I said something. What did I say?

     "Bokuto-san, I'm tired.. can we go home?"

But that wouldn't madden him.

      That's right! His eyes widened in shock before that. What was he looking at? Me? Yeah, but what made him surprised?

        He grew impatient as his head pounded against his skull. He rubbed his temples in an attempt to soothen it down.

What the fuck did I do?

~~

       Bokuto ate in silence, trying his best to prevent his feelings from surfacing up. But his parents knew something was wrong, and they let him alone, not asking anything unless he wants to say it.

       Since he's trying to cover them up, it means he doesn't want to let them know, and that he can take care of it.

       After the meal, he went back to his room and checked his phone mindlessly. There were 75 notifications. 3 from Kuroo. He checked them first.

Kubro: Hey.. how you holding up?         (at 5:12 am)

               Akaashi's worried. He called me and Kenma. He doesn't remember                     anything from last night.             (at 6:43 am)

               Just go back home to your husband. He's waiting for you.   (at 8:26 am)

    Bokuto winced at the messages. But he was too depressed to go back to him. He didn't want to show him that negative side of himself.

You: I'll go. I just need some time. Tell him not to worry.     (at 11:34 am)

     He sighed. Akaashi probably doesn't even know why he's so hurt. And that just made him feel worse.

~~

    Akaashi got the message from Kuroo. He felt so useless; not even knowing why he's hurt. No one except Bokuto knows. He felt so. . . helpless.

He was in shock. He looked into my eyes. No wait, eye.

     He remembered the girl that was in front of him. The memory of the whole scene flooded back into his head.

~~flashback brought to you by Kageyama's eyes~~

     The girls were squealing at how he's such a cute baby, though he looks very mature. One of the girls booped his nose with her pointy finger, causing him to cross his eyes and look at the tip of his nose. They giggled at how adorable the sight was.

     As they were laughing, one of the girls piped up that he never laughed. He smiled, but never laughed. So they decided to tickle him. He was very sensitive at his sides, so he cracked up instantly. One of them booped his nose again.

      But only this time, with her own.

~~end of flashback brought to you by Daichi's thighs (I see you drooling)~~

     He scratched the back of his head, grossed out. What were they doing with him? He absolutely hated that kind of contact with anyone except for Bokuto. Why was he acting so dumb?

No Keiji, alcohol is not an excuse.

      But Bokuto would definitely not get mad at that! Of course, he will, a little. But he won't show it. He would be proud that his Akaashi's finally socialising with someone.

     Then why?

      He could easily find out what was wrong with Bokuto when he goes into his emo-mode during a match. Bokuto thinks different from everyone else. And Akaashi always managed to somehow put himself into the Ace's shoes, guess what's wrong, and cheer him up.

      But this wasn't volleyball. This was their life.

      He tried the same strategy, knowing that it might work for any situation.

Think from his perspective. What did he see?

      He suddenly perked up, realising exactly why Bokuto stormed out of the house last night.

      He had to explain.

~~

      Bokuto's phone rang in his hands. He jerked at the vibration after being in pure silence. He looked down to see who's calling. 'Keiji❤️', the phone said.

"Tch."

      He cut the call.

      Akaashi sat still in disbelief. He knew that Bokuto was ignoring him the whole while.

      But this hurt more. Being rejected by his 'Bokuto-san', even if it's just a call, hurt so much.

      Then he realised, how much he misses his love.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

(A/N: I got nothing to apologise for today, ig. MIYANO MAMORU IS AMAZING IM SIMPING. Okay, I'll fuck off. Byee! Luv ya<3)