Chapter 38

Clyde's POV

I knew I had to get out of this house as fast as I could. There was no way I could spend another minute in a house of siblings who wanted me gone.

I walked over to Nicole, who was thankfully who was sitting by only Drew Senior, and I sat down next to them. "Oh hi Clyde." Nicole smiled. I smiled back, "Hi, I was wondering if you could take me to the airport some time this week." Nicole nodded her head as she stuffed the remainder of her cookie in her mouth. "Oh yea sure sweetie." Nicole said with a mouth full. "Niks, manners babe." Drew smirked at her. Nicole's face immediately went red, and I thought it was the most adorable thing I've ever witnessed. "We'll take you to the airport at the end of the week." Drew said, as Nicole wiped the remaining cookie off her face.

Oh my goodness. It was just only the beginning of the week.

+++++++

Long story short I survived the week. I waited for the intercom to signal it was my time to board, and time seemed to pass on so slowly. I kept thinking about Max, and how we finally made amends after everything that's happened. The image of his bloody corpse on the floor kept haunting my mind, and I hated it. Max had already pained me enough. Even though we left off on good terms that doesn't mean that I appreciated having him in my nightmares.

I kept thinking of him, Max probably occupied ninety percent of my thoughts since that day. The smiles, tears, screams, laughs, and fights kept replaying in my head. I couldn't help but think that Max's death was my fault. If I wouldn't have cheated on him, he wouldn't have done that horrible thing that still haunts me to this day. That horrible thing led to him kidnapping me, and then I talked him out of kidnapping me, which led him to going back to his boss empty handed, finally getting him killed. It really was my fault wasn't it?

"Flight 587 is now boarding at gate C." The intercom announced. I sighed and grabbed my purse to go wait in the line for boarding. Once I was situated I decided to pass the time aimlessly scrolling through my phone. Something really sweet caught my eye though. It was a post from Justin of a picture of a purple daisy standing in a field of white daisies that was captioned, "She's stands out in a crowd." There was a hopeful part of me wondering if he was suggesting that I was that girl who stood out in a crowd.

I decided to send Justin a text to find out more about his post.

Me: That was a cute post, I liked the purple daisy.

Justin: Thank you very much :) I was hoping you would like it.

Me: So who is this girl who stands out so much? Anyone special 😏 ??

Justin: Like you don't know

Me: But I don't?

Me: UGH i have to go my flight is going to take off😒

Justin: Have a nice flight Clyde :)

I think the little smiley face sent me over the edge. This was definitely a crush.

+++++

The old lady sitting next to me began to slightly shake me. "We've landed sweetheart." The oldy lady smiled smiled warmly. I yawned and stretched, "Thank you." I grabbed my purse and began to make my way out of the plane.

The minute my Mom caught sight of me she ran over to me and squeezed me tightly. "I was so worried Clyde!" My Mom said beginning to cry. I awkwardly patted her back in comfort. "It's okay Mom, I'm right here and perfectly fine." I said comforting her. She began to calm down and let go of me. "I know, but you could've been hurt." My Mom said caressing my cheek. "I'm glad you're home kiddo." My Dad smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "Me too Dad." I sighed squeezing him tightly.