Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Clyde's pov

"Kitten.." Max says softly. So softly that he was speaking to me as if I was a porcelain doll that could shatter at a single tap. "Yea?" I say sniffling. "I cancelled the party." Max says pulling into the driveway of his house. I offer him a weak smile. "Thanks Max." I say. He cups my cheek. "I really like you Clyde." He says, totally taking me by surprise. I try to reply but he just puts a hand over my mouth. "Just hear me out, okay?" He asks with pleading eyes.

Oh my god. The eyes.

All I can do is nod, still in shock I stare at his beautiful boyish features. "You're not like other girls Clyde. You're different. You don't give a crap about what people think of you, and you can still keep your head up after all you've been through. I was really stupid back then. Everyday after I realized what I did, I hated myself for it. And seeing you try to get with that nerd made it hard to resist." He says.

So all this time...

"And Clyde?" He says taking his hand from my mouth and back to my cheek. "Yea." I say not breaking eye contact with him. "I really want to kiss you now." He says tracing my lower lip with his thumb.

That did it. I crashed my lips onto his taking in the sweet aroma that he had. Our lips were moving in sync. Every motion was absolute perfection. Every confused feeling for Drew was suddenly gone. I really love the feeling of Max's lips on mine. I was in utter bliss.

I pulled away breathless. "I like you too Max." I smile. He grins widely placing a kiss on my forehead. He hops out of the car while I gather my stuff. He then opens the door for me. Max grabs my hand and leads me inside the spotless house. I pause in awe. "How did you get the house so clean?!" I ask. "Freshmen." He shrugs.

My phone starts going off. "My bestfriend's brother is the one for me! My bestfriend's brother, my bestfriend's brother!" My Victoria Justice Ringtone for my bestfriend Kira went off. "Oops, I have to take this." I say, my face as red as a strawberry. He just smirks and nods.

"Kira!" I whisper yell walking outside. "Clyde!" She says mocking me. "I'm with Max, meaning I'm busy!" I say. "I heard you got into a cat fight with my brother." Kira says. I can practically see her evil smile through the phone.

Kira is the evil version of Drew. They had the same gray eyes and blonde hair, but she was 5'5 of  pureevil. She was constantly getting suspended, failing classes and getting arrested. How could someone so evil be related to Drew? Well she isn't fully related to Drew, her dad's name was Drew. Ryan Davis was not her dad. Drew didn't know about this however, it was mine and Kira's secret. It wasn't very easy to tell that she had a different dad, Mr. Davis had the same Gray eyes. The only thing her parents didn't have the same color hair that Drew Conners had.

I felt bad for Kira's mom. Kira told me that Nicole, Kira's mom, was still very much in love with her dad when he was murdered. And to be left with child, that had to be horrible. At least she had Ryan to help her. One day I'm gonna give that woman a huge hug.

"Clyde! Are you even listening to me?" Kira snaps. Whoops looks like I spaced out. "Um what?" I say stupidly. "Ugh. Whatever Clyde. Just call me after you get laid." She whines. "I am not getting laid tonight!" I say loudly ending the call abruptly.

Kira can be so annoying sometimes.

I walk back into the house and check the time. I glance over to the clock to see its already two a.m. Oh my candy corn. I was out there for a while. I make my way upstairs and take the first door to my left, knowing it was Max's. I see him sleeping soundly on the side of his bed. I smile. I walk over to his dresser and change into a pair of his basketball shorts and one of his band t-shirts. I lie down next to him and kiss him on the back of his neck.

I better enjoy this moment of happiness before things go terribly wrong.

~~~

Ello

I want everything to go nicely before I ruin everyone's lives.

Just cherish it while it lasts.

W/❤️

Lexi