Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Clyde's pov

Oh my God.

Drew is killing me.

How is this possible?

When did he become so good at video games?

So not cool.

Drew and I were sitting on my bed playing Mortal Combat, and he was obviously winning. We used to play all the time when we were kids, and he sucked. Now he's all like... good and stuff.

"Another flawless victory." Drew says smirking at me. "Whatever Drew. I will totally beat you this next round." I promised. "Well let's bet on it then." He said.

Drew's face looked to serious for a playful bet. I know this look, he knows that I can't back down from a challenge so he's gonna use it to his advantage. He knows he's going to get what he wants.

"On what?" I question suspiciously. "If I win you have to do one thing that I say." He smiles widely. "Well if I win, you have to try to fix things with Brianna. She really liked you Drew." I smile lightly. He nods and begins the next round.

It was a really intense round, I won once but he still beat me. Today is just not my day.

Drew looks over at me seriously. " I won." He says. I nod. "Yea you did. So uh what do you want?" I ask. I could feel my heart racing in my chest. The curiosity was definitely getting to me. Drew shifted a little but closer to me after a moment of silence.

"I want you to kiss me. Not just a little peck but how you would kiss Brian." Drew says still serious. "Drew, c'mon please don't make me do this." I say grabbing his hand. "You know I love you. I just don't love you like that." I say squeezing his hand. "You used to. You used to look at me like you do with Brian. Like I was the best thing that ever happened to you. But I screwed up. I let you go Clyde. I can never forgive myself for that. I just want to know what it would be like if I hadn't let you go." Drew says staring me in the eyes. I couldn't break the stare, his gray eyes were so intense and I knew he needed this. Comfort, sympathy, something!

I needed to console him. This was my best friend. I need him to get over me, and I think this is the only way I can help him.

"Drew, you need to get over me." I say quieter. "You know I can't." He said honestly. I knew it would take a long time, I wish he wasn't so into me.

Now or never.

I leaned in and kissed him. At first it was gentle. A sweet kiss, but the it turned into something more. All the confused feelings were back again, and I knew they would be harder to get rid of. I was now on top of Drew, still making out with him. I knew this needed to stop, or I would never be able to stop.

"Stop. Stop. I can't do this anymore." I said getting up from my straddle position on Drew. "I know, I'm sorry. I just got so lost, and I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to know it would be like." Drew said not looking at me.

I wanted to tell Drew the truth, that I still had feelings for him. I just didn't want to hurt him if they went away again. I knew I really liked Brian too, and it wasn't fair to him that I just made out with another guy. If I did tell Drew the truth, he would fight even harder for me. Did I really want that?

"I better be going." Drew says shyly walking towards my bedroom door. "Yeah." I replied looking at the ground. He paused for a moment, wanting to say something, but then continued to leave.

I finally looked up to see him leave. I wish I didn't have feelings toward him. I'm such a mess. I don't know why people put up with my shit.

Then Drew walks back in, and stops at the doorway. "I think we both know that kiss wasn't one-sided. You kissed me back, and I think that counts for something. So I'll wait for you, and I don't care how long it takes." Drew said. Before I could say anything, Drew was already gone.

~~~

Oh gosh darn my face hurts like heck. I got my teeth worked on today, and the numbing shots are really starting to hurt.

Oh lord Jesus Christ it freaking hurts.

Sorry about me rambling on about my teeth.

Bai

Lexi