•Fish Out Of Water•

Another request! HDJANFKA

okay let's get to it because i'm starting this at almost midnight (BECAUSE I WROTE THIS ALREADY AND IT DIDN'T SAVE SO I HAVE TO REWRITE IT OMG WHY)

Year: fourth
House: Gryffindor
Blood: pure but half half, dad's a merman, mum's a witch (BIT OF A NASTY SHOCK FOR THE BOTH OF THEM WHEN THEY FOUND OUT) actually i think yall r halfblood- wait idk how to explain this, so might as well give up now

F/C - fave color
Italics r flashbaccz

WARNINGS: I'M UPSET AAAAHH

Secretly being a mermaid is hard. No one knew, except Dumbledore. You were a fish out of water, literally.

Well there were people that consider you a friend, like the golden trio, the Weasley twins.

And well, there's Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin prince himself.

You never knew why he stuck by your side. You were quiet, not really fun, and all that, but he's been with you since the moment you stepped foot in Hogwarts.

When you hear the word 'mermaid', you probably think about the ones in the black lake.

What most people don't know though, is that like wizards and witches, there are kinds of mermaids.

Purebloods, half-bloods, and squibs. You can't exactly have a muggle born mermaid.

The ones you call 'squibs' are the ones in the black lake. That's why they're so grumpy and all.

You removed your robes, and finally, your shell necklace that protects you from changing into a mermaid when getting wet. You put them in your clothes, then slowly got into the water.

Sitting down, you watched as your feet disappeared and turned into a F/C tail.

The reason you're here is that Dumbledore allowed you to use the Prefect's bathroom when you wanted to use your fin once in awhile, and well, your father forbid you to swim in the black lake, so you were free to use this bathroom anytime.

You smiled and swam around. This was an amazing feeling, but you couldn't tell anyone.

Your father- the king of Atlantis, a kingdom in the ocean- would always tell you, "it's for your own good, afterall", and you really wanted to tell someone, but you can't.

Finally stopping after a while, you sat by the side, and stared at the stained glass window. There was a mermaid, just like you.

Your father said it's one of your ancestors, which really was cool.

"hi, distant grandma", you laughed to yourself, and the portrait smiled in return. You leaned on your hand, and stared at her, she really was pretty, "you know, there's a ball coming up, and i doubt anyone would ask me."

Her portrait smiled and shook its head, saying that what you were saying wasn't true.

You stared at nothing in front of you. The only guy you were hoping to ask you was Draco. You've liked him since second year. And everytime you think about the moment you realized, you just couldn't help but smile.