Chapter Three - Coffee And Smalltalk

It's Wednesday, 3 days until the party Niall invited us to. The girls are driving me absolutely insane. They will not drop the fact that they finally get to meet the boys, obviously forgetting the fact that I have talked to them all before. I got up at 5 AM, as usual, and checked my phone for any messages. I decided to take a quick shower to freshen up after seeing I had no messages.

I left the house early so I could pick up a cup of coffee to drink on the way to work, seeing as I walked every day. I walked up to the Starbucks by my house, only to be greeted by, you guessed it, Niall. My heartbeat began to quicken and my throat became dry. Niall looked a bit uneasy himself, there was probably someone behind me. I looked behind me only to see nobody there, weird. So what was making Niall uneasy and nervous? I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him speak to me.

"Fancy seeing you here, especially this early in the morning." Niall said

"What, so you're saying that getting up at 5 AM to get a cup of coffee to drink on the walk to work isn't normal?" I replied with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"No, definitely not, but I do it anyway. I find it quite nice."

"What? Not being attacked by thousands of girls?"

"Haha, my fans can be crazy, but I wouldn't be here without em'"

"Hmm. Thank you." I said to the cashier as I took the coffee I ordered.

"Where ya headed?" Niall asked. God, his accent kills me, it's so thick and- right, back to reality.

"Work, where else?" I responded

"Right." Niall said, probably snapping back to reality as well, remembering work was still a thing.

Niall and I walked in silence for a couple of minutes, taking in our surroundings and drinking coffee.

"So, you excited about that party on Saturday?" Niall asked, breaking the silence and nudging me a bit.

"Oh yes, the party that I am being nonstop bugged about by six different girls, that party? Yes, I'm excited, I think it'll be fun, and I'd better be right about that." I said trying to be serious, but failed as we both started laughing.

"Wow! You have friends?" Niall said laughing

"Well if I didn't have friends then I wouldn't be talking to you right now." I said, feeling sassy today. Niall's face dropped once he realized what he had put on himself, I just laughed at his actions.

We kept walking and talking about random things until we got to work. Little did he know that it's my birthday today, and he just made my entire day. I met Livie at the studio, said bye to Niall, and went on with my day.