Chapter Forty-Nine - Elaine's First Steps

"Addy come here!" I heard Niall yell

"What is it?" I said as I walked into the nursery where Niall was holding Elaine up with his hands so she was standing.

"Stay right there." Niall said, walking to the other side of the room. "Go get momma baby girl." Niall said as he let go of her hands. She stood there and took a few wobbly steps forward. Her first steps! Oh my god! My baby girl was walking! She's walking and 8 months old. I don't think I like that too much.

"Nuh uh. Come here baby girl. Come get momma." I decided to meet her halfway. I started walking towards her and swooped her up right as she was about to fall. "She walked! Did you walk baby girl? Did you walk?" I said, talking to Elaine in a baby voice. She had started laughing again and her laugh was so cute. She was laughing right now, probably feeling very proud of herself.

"My baby girl took her first steps! My baby girl walked! Look at you growing up." Niall said as he took Elaine and threw her into the air a couple of times, making her go into a fit of laughter. Elaine was still the cutest baby ever. She's starting to develop a sense of humor and it's the funniest thing to watch. For example, once Niall was done throwing her into the air, he set her down in her crib. She looked up at him with a face that looked like she was trying to say something like "bitch why'd you stop?" Or "did I give you permission to stop?"

"What's that face for?" Niall asked.

"She's got my sass. You're welcome."

"Oh no. I'm screwed."

"Oh shut up, you love me." I said and hit Niall's chest. This made Elaine start to laugh again

"Oh you like that huh?" Niall said, making her laugh more. "I think you need a nap little missy."

Niall and I left the room so Elaine could take a nap. We both had the day off, so we could just chill all day. We went back to work tomorrow. My schedule changed a bit so that I could be on the exact same schedule as Niall. Management wanted Niall to be with me just about 24/7 because of what happened with Jace, so they put us on the same schedule.

"First steps. Wow. She's growing up so fast." I said

"I know. It's unbelievable." He said as we sat on the couch together. I was getting a call, I looked to see it was a FaceTime from my mum. I never got to talk to her, so I picked up.

"Hi mum."

"Hi Adelaide, hi Niall. How are things there?"

"Pretty good, thanks. You just missed Elaine, she just went down for a nap."

"Oh. Can you wake her? I called to see her."

"Ok, that was kinda rude. Do you not want to see me? Like, at all? And no, I won't wake her, she needs sleep."

"To be honest, no, I don't really wanna talk to you, you're being rude. I called to see my granddaughter."

"Can you even call her a granddaughter if you treat your own daughter like this! Mum, that's not ok. And I don't want you to be any part of my daughter's life if you're going to treat me like this. Bye mum." And with that I ended the call. She tried calling again.

"Don't answer it." Niall said

"Oh, I don't plan on it." I got a text from her, but I ignored it. I wasn't in the mood. My day was ruined. But Elaine took her first steps today, so that makes up for it. I pulled out my phone and went on Twitter.

@NiallOfficial our daughter took her first steps today. You feeling old yet?

@AddyCOfficial no, you keep me young ;)

@NiallOfficial oh god

We laughed and enjoyed the rest of our day together. We headed to bed early since we both had work tomorrow and we wanted to be rested.