Chapter Forty-Four - Lets Distract Addy

I don't know what was going on and I was tired, but Niall was sending me with Denise, Maura, Theo, and baby Adelaide for the day. He was probably planning something. I know him all too well. Anyway, back to our girls day. Niall also sent me with Elaine, so I had her for the day too. We went out for coffee and ice cream. We went shopping at the mall for a bit. My phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it was Niall.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby girl. Having fun?"

"Yea. Lots. We went out for coffee and ice cream. We're at the mall shopping right now."

"Great! Hey listen."

"Ok."

"Meet me at the park at 7 PM. I've got a surprise for you."

"Ok. Will I see you before then?"

"No."

"Ok."

"Oh and dress nice. My parents will watch Elaine so you don't need to worry about her."

"Ok."

"And no makeup. You look fine without it. Don't try and fight it."

"Fine." I huffed.

"Alright, I have to go now. I'll see you at 7 Princess. I love you."

"Ok. I love you too Niall."

I hung up the phone and returned to shopping with the girls.

"Niall wants me to dress nice."

"Yea. We know." Denise said with a huge grin on her face.

"Well, I didn't bring any nice clothes, so we should probably find something."

"I'll pay for it." Maura offered.

"Oh. No. It's ok Maura. I'll pay."

"No darling. I want to. Please?"

"Alright. But it won't be expensive. I'll keep it cheap." I replied

"No I have plenty of money I need to get rid of, you just find the perfect dress and I'll pay for it whatever the cost."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Now let's go find you a dress."

We looked for hours. Finally, I had a couple that I liked so we went to find a dressing room. I brought my dresses in there with me and started trying them on, coming out to show Maura and Denise every time I had a new dress on.

"That's the one." Maura and Denise said at the same time. The dress was gorgeous. It was a pink dress. It had no sleeves or straps and it was short. The top was sparkly and had a bow that wrapped from the back to the front.

 The top was sparkly and had a bow that wrapped from the back to the front

We payed for the dress, thankfully it wasn't that expensive. I checked the time and it was 5, so we decided it was time for me to get home and get ready.

Once we got home I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I put my new dress on and dried my hair. Denise curled my hair for me and I put on a bit of lipgloss. I know Niall said no makeup, but he loved it when I wore strawberry lipgloss because it "tasted good" so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I wore a bit. I put on some tan flats, because I hated heels. I grabbed my phone and keys and it was 6:45, so I left the house and got to the park right at 7. Perfect timing Adelaide.

It was beautiful. Niall had set fairy lights up throughout the entire park. There were candles that lined the sidewalk and rose petals on the walk way. Niall was dressed up in a suit and had his hair in a quiff.

"What's this?" I asked Niall.

"It's your surprise. Like it?"

"I love it. Thank you."

We walked over to the park table that Niall had set a table cloth over and we had our dinner that Bobby cooked for us. Dinner was amazing. I looked over to Niall and he seemed a bit nervous. I wonder why. I just brushed it off so we could enjoy the night.

"Let's go for a walk, shall we?"

"Sounds great."

We walked around the park for a bit. Eventually we got back to the place we started. I heard Niall clear his throat.

"Addy."

"Yea Niall?"

"When we met, you were the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, and you still are. I love that quirky girl that I met and fell in love with last year. She's the most perfect girl ever. Anyway, to the point. Addy, I fell in love with you and I don't want to spend my life with anyone else." He said. I was crying at this point. I'm glad I didn't wear any make up. Then this happened. Niall got down on one knee. He pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a gorgeous diamond ring that had pearls on it. He bought this ring since he knew I loved the beach.

"Adelaide Celeste Smith

"Adelaide Celeste Smith. Will you marry me?"

"YES! YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!" I yelled.

Niall stood up and picked me up and spun me around. He slipped the ring on my finger and it fit perfectly. He gave me a warm, passionate kiss.

"I love you so much Adelaide. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you too Niall. So much."

We headed home after that. Elaine was sleeping when we got back, so we both changed into pajamas and turned in for the night.