Chapter Ten - The Week Before

It's the week before I leave for tour. Niall has been so amazing, he always treats me like I'm a princess. He always does what's best for the both of us. About a week ago we told the world that we were dating. We figured it was time since people had seen us in public anyway and there was really no hiding it anymore. We had been strong from the start of our relationship, and only getting stronger. I still don't want to leave for tour, but I know that I don't have any choice. I had spent the night at Niall's flat last night since we were watching a movie at his place and I fell asleep. He didn't want to wake me, so he just moved me over to his bed so we could cuddle all night. Management was giving me the entire week off to prep and pack for the tour. I was leaving for America and would be there for two months, then I have the two weeks in Australia, a week in France, and the last week is in Ireland. Niall decided that we would meet up for my last week of tour since it's in Ireland and we've been wanting to go together for a while now. He plans on introducing me to his family while in Ireland, which I'm pretty nervous about, but it's three months away, so I'm trying to not worry about it too much.

"Baby, you awake?" Niall said, snapping me out of my thoughts

"Yea." I said as I let out a yawn

"One week left eh?"

"Yea. I still don't wanna go."

"Baby, stop stressing about it, it'll be ok. I'll visit you while you're in America and then we'll meet up for your last week in Ireland, ok?"

"Ok." I said as I let out a sigh. Niall had the day off of work today and tomorrow, so we thought we would do something fun before I leave for tour. "So what do you wanna do since you have today and tomorrow off?"

"Oh, I know what we're doing."

"What?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. Just take a shower and meet me out in the car, I've already got your bag packed, so you don't need to worry about that."

"Ok. Aren't you going to shower too?"

"I took a shower while you were sleeping. I got up early to get everything ready."

"Ok. I'll be out in a bit."

"Ok baby." He said giving me a kiss

I took my clothes off and jumped into the shower and washed my hair and skin and took a couple minutes to let the warm water ease my tense muscles. I turned the water off and jumped out of the shower. I put my clothes on, Niall didn't tell me what clothes to wear, so I just put on a crop top and some shorts with some sneakers. I dried my hair and brushed it and pulled it up in a ponytail. I didn't bother putting makeup on since Niall has seen my without makeup and I doubt he packed any wipes in my bag, or makeup for that matter. I put my sunglasses on the top of my head and grabbed my keys, water bottle, and phone. I walked out to the car and hopped in the passenger seat of Niall's car.

"Ready?" He said

"Yep."

"Alright, lets go."

"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" I complained to him, hoping he would tell me

"Because, silly, it's a surprise."

"Fine." I huffed as I sat back in my seat. Niall reached over to switch on the radio. He flipped the radio on and one of my songs started playing. Niall knew the song by heart. I didn't think he was a fan of my music, but it appears I'm wrong. We started to sing along with the song.

"Knock me off my feet once again

Had our fun but now it's time for me to go

Back to my home, home, my home again

I'll be back, don't you worry love

I can't leave you, you're always on my mind

Because you own my heart." We sang (Own My Heart by Avy Celeste. Unreleased song.)

We had lots of fun singing to the songs that came onto the radio, some by him, some by me, some by other artists that we loved to listen to and sing along with. I suddenly remembered something that I wanted to tell him.

"Guess what." I said, getting his attention. He turned the radio off so we could talk.

"What?"

"I talked to management."

"About?"

"No Ordinary Girl. I'm releasing it."

"No way! Good for you! I'm proud of you! When are you releasing it?"

"When I get back from tour."

"You said you were how old when you wrote it?"

"I wrote it the month I turned 16."

"Wow. You would have thought it was pretty recent, but that was written years ago."

"Yea."

"Good for you baby. I'm proud of you." He said as he leaned over and planted a kiss on my cheek. We were at a stop sign, so it was safe.

"Thanks." I said as we pulled to a stop, but we were in the middle of nowhere. "Where are we?"

"Just hold on. Here, put this on. We're almost there, but I want it to be a surprise, so put this on." He said as he handed me a blindfold and helped me put it on.

"Ok." I said as I felt him start to drive again. "Where are we going?" I asked

"You'll see."

A couple more minutes of driving later, I felt the car come to a stop and heard Niall turn the ignition off and take the key out. He got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side of the car to help me out. He opened the door and took my waist and lifted me out of the car and placed me on the ground. He took my hand and started leading me to where he wanted us to go. I could tell we were in the forest because I could smell the freshness of the trees. We stopped walking and I felt him take the blindfold off. I opened my eyes to see a lake surrounded by trees and dirt. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a picnic blanket set on the ground with candles near it and Niall's guitar sitting on the blanket.

"Niall, it's beautiful."

"I thought we would stay away for the weekend, I brought clothes, food, swimsuits, and a tent so we can stay here for the weekend, sound good?"

"Sounds like fun."

"Good." Niall said as he kissed my temple.