Chapter 8: Goodbye 🌊

Katara entered the dining hall and everyone rose from there seats as she walked in and joined her father, brother and Toph on the table. Katara looked around to see two of the men had gone home, she did feel bad but it wasn't her choice. She saw Jet walk in later and was dried off, serves him right for dealing with a water bender, she thought to herself. "What's up with him," Toph asked as she sensed his anger, "He tried to mess around with a water bender," Katara said as Toph let out a little snicker.

Hakoda got up and announced today's challenge, " Today two of you will be going on a day out with my daughter so you can get to know each other better. And by the end three of you will be gone," he said as he sat back down. The boys were waiting to see who was gonna spend the day with katara, the royal advisor spoke, " Prince Zuko and Prince Jet are first up." Great, Katara thought as she kinda slumped in her chair. She could see Aang laugh for a bit which made her blush.

Zuko was first accompanying Katara until the afternoon so they had a lot of time on their hands. Everyone left the dining hall and Katara and Zuko agreed to meet in the front of the castle gates to start there day together. Katara saw Zuko already waiting as she had to grab something from her room. "Sorry I took forever, are you ready to go," Katara said trying to see the bright side of things, " Of course princess," Zuko said not so eagerly. Katara and Zuko took a walk around town as everyone admired the young royals walking through. Everyone had been surprised to see the princess in town since her mother was alive. Katara and Zuko had an early lunch in one of the most famous Water Tribe cafes, "Thank you for today Prince Zuko, it was lovely," Katara said trying not to sound so bored, "No worries, It was lovely getting to know you and you're beautiful  Tribe," Katara smiled at those words until she saw a familiar face from afar caught her eye, It was one of her closes friends, Mai.

"Mai, it's so good to see you," Katara said squeezing the living soul out of her, "You too katara, I heard about the selection. How's it going?" Mai asked. "It's been tiring that's all I can say," She laughed a little. The girls spoke a little more until katara forgot Zuko was in the cafe, "Sorry Mai, I was kinda on a date with one of the princes and saw you and got carried away," Katara said apologies to Mai for leaving, but before Katara could blink Zuko was already outside with the two girls. Zuko stood in awe as he just stared at Mai, "Prince Zuko of the fi-," before Zuko could finish his sentence she already knew who he was, "Of the fire Nation, I know," Mai finished his sentence. Katara knew something was up so she decided to head back to the palace while Zuko and Mai talked.

She made it back to the gates awaiting the arrival of Prince Jet but was surprised to see a guard inform her about her brother waiting for her in the main room. Katara was confused but nervous to find out what was happening. She walked in and saw Jet being held by two royal guards and Sokka crying in Toph's arms, "What is going on," Katara questioned as she felt the weird presence in the room, "Guard's Take him Away," Sokka demanded as he stared at him with a stern look, "He is banished from the South Pole, forever," He said as the guards took him out of the palace. Katara knew something was wrong but what? "Sokka what happened," Katara said more confused than ever but then she remembered the last time he looked like this was when their mother was gone, "No, Sokka wheres dad?" Katara asked hoping the words that came out of his mouth weren't true, "Jet assassinated dad and was found dead in his office," Katara couldn't believe the words coming out of Sokka's mouth, "No," Katara said falling to her knees as she wept.

Katara needed some space and spent the rest of her day in her room a few knocks came from her door here and there but she never bothered to answer it. She couldn't believe her father was gone, she couldn't believe jet did this to her. She would never forgive him and the next time she saw him he wouldn't be no more.

Katara stood outside on her balcony thinking about her father and the memories that they grew up with, Katara wasn't ready to say goodbye but the one thing she wasn't ready for was becoming queen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200 readers🎉

Thank you to everyone who read the story please comment feedback and other things you want to know about the story

Thank you again😁😁