Chapter 10: Coronation Day🌊

Katara finished the talk with her gran-gran and was more than confused for what is to happen, "Night gran-gran," Katara says as she leaves the room leaving the waterbender to wander back to the back to the balcony, were Aang is on top of Appa, "Ready for another late-night ride," Aang said with his signature wide smile, "Thought you'd never ask," she teases as she climbs on Appa.

The two ride off into the night as the full moon shines down bright enough to glisten across the snow. Aang hopes in the saddle with katara who looked worried about something, "are you okay, princess," Aang said as she looked up wiping a few tears from her eyes, "I'm scared okay, I don't know anything about being a good queen, I don't know if I'll be a good queen. It's all the stress getting to me and I can't handle it," she burst into tears as she spoke.

 "Hey, Katara. Look at me, it's okay we're gonna get through this and you have your brother and Toph and me, so, yea. Your gonna be amazing and I'll be there to help," Aang just realised what he said, "I mean everyone will be there to help," he said with his hand placed on the back of his neck. Katara laughed a bit and was surprised by the words that came out of his mouth.

The two made it back to the castle they saw Sokka and Toph in the garden, "Hey guys," Aang said as he landed Appa, "Hey Twinkletoes," Toph replied as everyone let out a little laugh except for Aang. "So what were you two doing," Sokka said looking at the two, "We took a ride on Appa he can fly," Katara said but her brother doubted her accusations, "Yeah katara and Toph can fly too," He said as she punched him in the arm. 

They all laughed, "why don't you hope on Sokka," Aang said to Sokka, "very well I'll see if he really flys," Sokka said as he hopped on the bison, "Yip-Yip," at just those words Sokka was shocked to find he was soaring in the air, "Katara look I'm flying," Sokka yelled as Katara gave him a little smirk, Sokka realised he was wrong but didn't admit it, "I mean, yea he can fly, whoopie," He said in a sarcastic tone as Katara just rolled her eyes.

They all decided to go back inside to get sleep but Katara couldn't stop thinking about her coronation and what people excepted of her. It was like a burden of mistakes take over her and she is scared for the outcome of the kingdom.

The Next Day

Katara woke up to the birds chirping as the sun rose across the South Pole. She heard a knock on her door (which has been a recent thing lately) which she obviously opened. It was Toph, " Hey, Katara your gran-gran said for you to meet her in the library for preparations." Katara groaned to the thought of preparing for her coronation which was in a week, "C'mon, sugar queen, we have to go or she'll be angry," Toph said dragging her out of bed, "Okay, Okay I'm up," Katara said as the two laughed.

They made it to the library where they meet gran-gran, "Katara you ready to start," Kanna said as she gave katara a smile, "Always," Katara replied as they started to get to work.

Toph and Katara were there through to dress fittings and crown-making, to guest and the after-party. Everyone through the Kingdom had a rough and busy week as they were preparing for there new queen. 

Katara sat on her balcony with Toph as they sipped on their tea and watched the sunset, "You ready for tomorrow," Toph asked taking another sip. Katara was having second thoughts but knew she was gonna do alright, "Yeah, I am," she said as the moon rose into the sky. Aang had come up to the balcony on Appa while Sokka was on the back, "Hey guys," Sokka yelled from the saddle, "look who likes flying now," Toph said smirking at Sokka. "Hey katara, what about one last ride before you become queen," Aang said as he looked at Katara who blushed, "Yeah let's go," she said as she helped Toph on to Appa and sat down with them. 

They rode off into the night, the moon glowing ever so bright as they all looked up and thought about what was to happen after tomorrow.

The next day

The day had finally arrived, Katara had mixed feelings about what was to happen but she knew it was only right. She got ready and headed to the main hall. Everyone was arriving as they got there, some of the contestants were back and even some of the royals from the North pole, Fire nation and Earthkingdom were all there to congratulate the new queen.

The ceremony started and as everyone stood Gran-gran announced her arrival, "Today is the day my granddaughter, Princess Katara becomes queen of the South Pole. We honour you this title to look after the people of your tribe and to always be kind and compassionate towards others," Katara bowed before her grandmother as she placed the crown on her head, "From this day you forward you are known as Queen Katara of The Southern Water Tribe." Katara rose and everyone cheered and clapped as they welcomed the new queen, even Sokka had a few tears in his eyes which Toph comforted him.

As katara watched as everyone cheered until a strange device was set in the middle of the floor, it then let out a deadly gas. She fell to the floor and everything went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading😁😁

Can't wait to see what happens next,

Thanks for the support and stay tuned for more😁🌊