Chapter 22: Perfect Plan🌊

It had been 1 week since the news broke out gossip was everywhere about the avatar dying and everyone was shocked and sadden he had gone at a time like this. Everyone from all over attended a small funeral were the only people who knew where his parents, sister, Katara, Sokka and Toph. 

Everyone else thought he was gone and it hurt Aang seeing he couldn't show himself anywhere near Katara and that.

Aang had hidden at a small village at the south where he blended in using makeup to cover his tattoo's. Appa stayed with Katara, who made sure to take care of him.

"Aang, we'll see you in a few weeks, okay," Sokka said hugging Aang before he left, "See you Sokka, you too Toph," He replied hugging Toph too. "Okay, Twinkle toes, don't be so emotional," she said as she punched his arm.

Sokka and Toph left leaving Katara and Aang alone for a few moments, "So you have money in there to keep you going for a few weeks, "Katara said handing him the bag, but he just went in for a hug, "I'll be fine Katara," Aang said not letting go.

"I know, It's just I wish you didn't have to do this," Katara sobbed into his shirt, "I won't be gone for long and I'll come back every now and then just to the village. And I'll write to you letters," He said before kissing her.

She was surprised at first but slowly melted into it. They pulled away from each other, just leaning their foreheads on one another, "I love you," He said smiling, "I love you too," Katara replied hugging him one more time.

They waved Aang off as they dropped him off to the nearest village on the outskirts of the city.

Aang was tired of all of this so he decided to rent out a place for him to stay at for a while. He got hungry so he went out to get something, there really wasn't many options since most of it was meat so he decided to grab some noodles.

1 week later 

Aang was gonna visit Katara and them on the outsides of the village so no one knew what would happen.

 Aang sat in the snow waterbending it a bit until he saw Appa in the sky, "Appa!" Aang shouted running up to them as they landed, "Good to see you too buddy," Sokka said sarcastically before running up to Aang and giving him a hug, "Good to see you too Sokka," He chuckled a little.

"Hey twinkle toes," Toph said as she punched his arm, "Toph still the same," he said rubbing his arm as everyone laughed a little. He then saw Katara coming out of the saddle as she stood next to Appa, "Hey Katara," Aang said as she turned around and ran into his arms.

"I missed you," She said as she kissed him, "Can you two do your Oogies somewhere else," Sokka said, "What about when you and Toph do it," Katara said blowing a raspberry at her brother, "That's different," Sokka said as his voice cracked a little.

Everyone laughed except Sokka, "So, Aang, how are you?" Katara asked, "It could be worse, I just don't like hiding out when people could be in danger," He responded. So, how are you guys," Aang asked as they sat around a fire that Aang made, "Busy," "Really busy," They responded, "Jet started attacking the Fire Nation, And their defences have been strong but we don't know how long the Fire Nation would Last," Sokka informed him.

Aang felt bad and knew he could need it all now but he knew he had to wait 3 more weeks till he could make a comeback.

They kept talking until it was late, "well we best get going," Toph said standing up, "Well, thank you guys for coming," Aang said, "We'll see you soon Aang," Katara shouted as they flew back to the palace.

3 weeks later

 Everyone was planning for what was to come of this war. Katara and the others kept visiting Aang and informing him about what was happening. Jet was taking over quickly, he had already captured Omashu and now he was headed for the Fire Nation.

Everything would change when the Avatar returned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading

Stay tuned for more😁🌊