Chapter 12: The truth🌊

Katara finally recovered and decided to take care of business as her being the queen and all, " Okay, what to do first," she said to her self as she had stacks of scrolls and letters to deal. She finally finished in 2 hours which was really fast, so she decided to attend to her first royal decree, Picking her council. 

Katara and her grandmother spent a few minutes in the library waiting for her horned guest to arrive. Her brother, Toph, Zuko and Aang walked through the door waiting for the queen to address what was happening, "Thank you all for coming, I trust my heart in you people and I wouldn't have anyone else on this council with me." Everyone was surprised and grateful as they heard the news. 

Aang had left after hearing what had happened and was happy but didn't change how he felt. Katara noticed but brushed it off as the rest departed, Somethings off with him! she thought to herself as she thought what could have been wrong.

She walked around the castle as she was greeted by everyone who addressed her by her new title queen. She found her brother and Toph going talking a walk around the palace too, "Hey guys, what are you doing," Katara asked while walking up to the couple, "Just taking everything in," Sokka said looking at his sister, "So, have you seen Aang he's been very distance lately and I just want to know what has happened in the two days I was unconscious," she said as her brother and Toph looked at each other. "There was maybe one detail we left out," Toph said as she could sense Katara's anger, "And that is!" She replied waiting upon an answer, " You were out for two weeks," Sokka butted in as Katara's eyes widened. 

"HOW WAS I ASLEEP FOR TWO WEEKS!" she shouted at her brother as they rushed into the closet room there, "Okay, so as I recall, I get sprayed with some gas and go unconscious for two weeks. Well, isn't that great," She stated, "no one knew what happened but we got you before you were kidnapped," Sokka explains to his sister as she calms herself.

"It still doesn't explain why Aang is so quiet all of a sudden," Katara said as she placed her hands on her hips, "He stayed by your bedside until you would wake up, he was upset he couldn't protect you so he vowed to stay by your side until you woke up," Toph said as she walked over to Katara, "So I think he's just shocked and reminded by so much of what had happened that day." Katara sat there silent for a few more moments before she got up and left without saying anything.

She couldn't believe it, Aang was the one by her side the whole time and she knew what she had to do. She ran down the halls to find herself in front of Aang's door and without her knocking on it he opens it by surprise to the unexpected guest, " Oh...uh... hey katara, what brings you here," Aang asked her she cried as she saw his face she jumped and hugged him as tight as she could, "Thank you, Aang," She cried into his shoulder as he held her tighter know what had been told.

"I was scared when I saw you fell to the ground and you were taken, I felt like I was losing a piece of me I had just found. I stayed by your side hoping you would wake, I even stayed nights to watch you cause you're my best friend and I love you," he said while he wept tears. The two spent sat on the floor as they embraced each others body warmth, "Katara do you wanna go on a date with me," Aang asked as she was falling asleep in his arms, "I'd love too," she whispered in a sleepy tone. A moment of silence fell upon the two and found each other asleep on one another.

The Next Day 

Katara had made her way to the library to deal with some letters as she was back to duties. Letter after letter was just from nations to meetings but she came across her last letter from an Earth kingdom, It read( Hello Queen Katara, hope you had a pleasant nap, but that's not as bad as what's coming for you and the Southern Water Tribe. Signed (Picture of a Black swan). 

She dropped the letter as she trembled with fear for what could happen to her Tribe and it's people. She could only hope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for ready

Stay tuned and updated for more

I really appreciate all the love and support this story is receiving

🌊😁