The Weigh Station

As soon as the shots stopped, Ana groaned and pushed herself off the glass covered floor. She sat against the bar, clutching at her right shoulder and distantly hearing Erin order someone to call for an ambulance.

Ana looked towards the entrance just as Erin ran out, looking for the shooter. She ran back in a few seconds later, finally taking notice of the pained Sergeant and running over.

"Ana! Oh, my God, were you hit?" Erin wondered.

She went to check the woman's shoulder but the second her hand made contact, Ana flinched and cried out in pain. Erin apologized before looking the Sergeant over, not seeing any blood.

"Dislocated." Ana gritted out. "Blue. Jay?" She panted.

"Maddie was hit. He's keeping pressure on the wound." Erin informed.

Not a second later, Gabby and Sylvie arrive and the Detective stands up, repeating what she said to Ana while escorting them over to the wounded bartender. Jay then takes notice of the Sergeant.

"What happened?" He questioned.

"Her right shoulder is dislocated. That arm has always been really fragile. She must have hit the floor the wrong way." Erin explained.

Both Detectives are about to call the paramedics back over, when Ana stops them.

"They need to get Maddie to the hospital, not worry about me." She argued.

"Ana." Erin warned.

"Just trust me. What we need to do now, is get to the District and find out who did this before Bluejay winds up dead." Ana growled through the pain shooting up and down her arm.

Both Detectives sigh, knowing they won't be able to change her mind. Jay helps her into his car, that the two of them had arrived in. Erin gets into her own vehicle and they drive off.

*District 21*

The three enter and the Detectives were Hell bent on getting Ana to the Bullpen but she stops them yet again.

"Go up without me and send Oli down. I need to talk to Trudy." Ana ordered, leaving no room for discussion.

The Detectives oblige and the Sergeant walks over to her best female friend.

"You look like crap." Trudy deadpanned.

"Well, now I'm certain of what today is. Happy Birthday, hun." Ana meant to smile, but it came out as a grimace due to her arm.

"Thanks. I heard what happened, are you all right?" The Desk Sergeant questioned, becoming concerned as she caught sight of the woman clutching her arm.

"Shoulder." Was all Ana said, knowing the other would understand.

"They hightailed it upstairs cause you told them to go get Olinksy." Trudy guessed.

Ana nodded, not saying anything else, as a particularly large wave of pain shot through her arm. She inhaled, sharply, but was able to keep herself upright. Ana closed her eyes tightly against the agony and she felt Trudy stroking her hair in comfort. A second later Ana felt a pair of arms encompass her and lead her away.

"Oli?" She whispered, hoarsely.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm just taking you downstairs." Alvin explained, softly, as the woman leant into the chest of her best male friend.

Ana finally allowed a few tears to trickle down her face and she sniffled as she felt Alvin sit her in a chair. Not only was that arm fragile, it's extremely sensitive due to it being the only arm she has.