The Number of Rats

A/N This is the second in a three part crossover. It starts with Fire's "We Called Her Jellybean, continues with the above titled episode and ends with SVU's "Daydream Believer" Relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

P.S Ana has a house and car in New York for whenever she flys out there.

*Firehouse 51: Chief's Office*

Olivia turned away from Ana and back to the men. She was about to say something when Hank's phone rang.

"Sorry I gotta take this." He apologized, stepping out of the room.

"Chief, if you don't mind, I'd like a word with my sister in private." Olivia requested.

"Liv, it's okay. He, as well as most of 51, knows." Ana assured.

"At least you told someone." The older woman smiled.

"More like we forced it out of her." Chief joked, getting a small laugh from both woman.

"So, do you wanna explain to me why the words your fault were carved into the back wall of the upstairs bedroom?" Olivia questioned.

"So, Wally, when I said he approached me, it was more like he pushed me into the side of a house and forced himself on me." Ana saw their enraged looks and immediately added, "But it didn't get that far. He just wanted to offer me a deal: go with him and he'd stop killing. I said no."

Their faces softened but before they could say anything, Hank came back.

"Hey, that was Jay. We need to get to Med." He explained.

With that said, the women grab their things and bid Chief farewell before following Hank out of the room.

*Chicago Med*

Olivia and Ana are leaning against the wall, across from the victim's room, lost in their thoughts. Olivia is turned away while Ana is flat on her back; able to see Jay out of the corner of her eye, standing at the end of the hall, on the phone. Hank passes him and walks over to the women.

"Hey." He greeted, handing them each a cup of coffee.

"Oh, thank you." Olivia sighed while Ana gave him a quick, grateful, kiss in return.

"How is she?" Ana wondered, catching sight of the doctor walking over.

"Third-degree burns over 75% of her body. The damage goes through to the muscle. Nerves are completely gone. The only good news right now is that she probably can't feel anything." He listed.

"Okay, any chance she'll pull through?" Olivia inquired.

"Even if we could hold off the infection, and we'll do our best-"

"Can she talk?" Hank interrupted.

"She's coherent at the moment-"

"So she can talk." Hank concluded.

"Look, we're here to find out who did this, so I think if she was able, she'd want to talk to us." Olivia explained as Ana rolled her eyes at her husband's blunt nature.

"Stay here." The doctor sighed, walking back into the room.

"All right, thanks, man." Jay hung up and walked over to the three Sergeants. "Victim's sister's on her way in." He informed.

"Get Kevin and Oli to talk to her." Ana instructed as the two walked over to an approaching Will.

"Hey." Jay greeted.