I Am the Apocalypse

A/N This is a Chicago Fire episode that I felt I had to include and if you've seen it than you know why. It can also be considered a mini crossover between PD and Fire.

~Princess <3

As the bell sounded throughout Firehouse 51, Ana palmed the side of her hip. She wanted to make sure her gun was with her before racing into the nearest truck, which happened to be Squad's.

After a few minutes of riding in silence, save for sirens and Tony honking the horn, Kelly turned to the brunette sitting behind him.

"Ana, are you okay? You've been pretty quiet all day." He pointed out.

"I just can't help but feel like something horrible's about to happen." She admitted.

As they arrive on scene, Kelly reaches over and gives Ana's hand a quick squeeze. And he does that despite knowing the last time she felt like this, was the day of the explosion that killed Shay.

The truck comes to a stop and its occupants hop out, finding those of Truck 81, Ambulance 61, as well as Chief Boden, doing the same thing. Everyone looks up at the building, seeing a bit of smoke coming out, but not enough for a fire, as well as two people waving and calling for help on the roof.

They lower their eyes towards the entrance, seeing at least a dozen people coughing and helping each other out of the building. One of the men walks over to Chief and he meets him halfway.

"Gas leak?" Chief asked in confirmation as Ana appears next to him.

"Yeah. We use anhydrous ammonia as a refrigerant. The line broke. You can't breathe in there. All employees are accounted for, but Scooter and Brad are trapped on the roof." The man explained.

"Main, gonna need a level one hazmat response." Chief radioed, turning to Truck's Lieutenant. "Casey, get your ladder up on the roof." He ordered before addressing everyone. "Masks on."

"You heard him. Let's go." Matt commanded.

The firemen get to work and Joe maneuvers Truck's ladder to the roof. Matt climbs up, stopping near the top and activating his radio.

"We're about 8 feet short." He called.

"On it." Kelly and Ana say in sync.

Ana runs over and grabs the 10 foot ladder. She hands it to Joe while Kelly climbs onto the aerial. Once he's on, Joe passes him the extension and he starts making the ascent.

However, when Kelly is a few feet away from Matt, an explosion flares out from the building; pushing everyone back a bit and knocking Matt onto his behind.

"Hey, Casey! You all right?" Kelly shouted.

"I'm awake now." He joked.

"Hey, an ammonia explosion like that produces very little fire. We are gonna wait for hazmat to breach, boys. It's too dangerous. Come on down." Chief ordered.

"Wally." Ana called, walking back over and making sure her radio was on so the Lieutenants could hear her as well. "They're already up there, at least let them get the workers down." She reasoned.

"Fine." He nodded. "Two minutes."

With that, Matt and Kelly put down the extension and climb the rest of the way up.

"Otis, Herrmann, come help us get them down." Matt commanded.

"Copy that." Herrmann replied.

Once the workers were safely on the ground, another problem rose to the surface as Chief and Ana made their way over to Peter.

"Nearest ambo's five minutes out." Chief informed.