Assignment of the Year

*Crime Scene/Gas Station*

Ana and Hank arrive after getting a call from Antonio. He had been working a second job for some more cash. The guy he was suppose to watch over, was killed while he was inside the building. The Sergeants walk over to the Detective, hearing the tail end of a conversation with another cop.

"Yeah? I'm gonna wait to talk to my Sergeants." Antonio sassed.

"We're right here." Ana smirked as he turned around.

"Sergeants Hank and Ana Voight, Intelligence. We'll take it from here." Hank assured.

"Dead diamond dealer and an off-duty cop? It's all yours." The cop snarked, walking away.

"I shouldn't have gotten out of the car. I screwed up." Antonio scolded himself, leaning against his car.

"Just call Ed Glasser, our F.O.P. rep. Tell him to get his ass down to the squad." Hank ordered.

"Yeah." The Detective sighed.

"Hey, Tony, we'll figure this out." Ana assured, putting a hand on his shoulder

"Okay." He agreed.

*District 21: Office*

Ana, Hank, and Antonio enter, along with Ed, the FOP Rep, closing the door behind them.

"Security footage from the store has Antonio inside buying cigarettes, plus a cab driver parked at the station saw a male in a hoodie approach the SUV." Hank explained.

"He might be cleared from the criminal case, but the internal one is a bit more complicated. Asher Roslyn had priors in Antwerp and London for buying stolen diamonds. That's news to me. You remember Bill Dietz out of the 26th district? He was fired for just fraternizing with a felon. You? You were on the clock working for one." Ed pointed out.

"Are you helping me, Ed? This doesn't sound like you helping me." Antonio questioned, angrily.

"Hey, relax." Ana soothed, turning to Ed. "Is there anything you can do?"

"All right, as your F.O.P. rep, I can buy you two days before this goes up to the ivory tower. After that, it's out of my hands. Only chance you got is you solve this thing, and you spin it." He explained.

"And if we don't?" Antonio inquired.

"Best case?" Ed sighed. "Leave without pay. The other way this goes is, you could lose your job and your pension. I got to go." He apologized.

Hank thanked the man as Antonio placed his hands on the back of his head and rocked on his heels, letting the information sink in.

"Good luck." Ed replied, walking out.

"Hey, I know you're going through a lot right now. Antonio, if you needed extra money, we would've given you the OT." Hank assured as Ana nodded in agreement.

"That's one of at least ten things I'd have done different if I had the chance." Antonio admitted.

"All right. Hey, how well do either of you know this Sean Roman?" Hank questioned, knowing Ana's had a few run-ins with said Officer as well.

"Enough to be reminded that everyone has secrets." Ana replied.

"And not well enough, apparently." Antonio added as the three exit his office.

"Hey, man, keep your head up." Erin encouraged from her desk as Antonio walks over to his.

"Yeah." He replied as Ana and Hank head over to Alvin.