Spartacus

A/N For as long as this book series had existed, I couldn't figure out what rank I wanted Ana to be at 51 if any at all. I've finally decided that I want her to be the Captain of 51 as a whole. It's a special case, though, as she prefers to hang back and work as a normal member under Chief Boden (who, as well as the rest of 51, understands perfectly) She only uses her rank if absolutely necessary. Because of that, her rank has become somewhat of a secret that really only 51 (and Hank of course) knows about. Anyway, I'll shut up so you can relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*Back to the Present: Stiletto's*

Ana watched the man fiddle around with the phone. He turned the screen on and messed with the volume. He proceeded to pry the back off before glancing at Matt. The Lieutenant watched as he popped the battery out as well.

"He's clean." The man informed, putting the device back together and handing it to it's owner.

"Unbelievable." Matt grumbled, pocketing the phone.

"Let's get Matt a drink here." Nesbitt called.

"I'm fine." The Lieutenant assured.

"Okay. We're opening five more clubs, and our investors want to know if you'll accept cash." Nesbitt explained. "We're also willing to allow an extra 5% in markups if you do the work off-book. I know this sounds a little shady, but it's all about our cash-on-hand right now. If there's filed. . ."

Ana tuned out everything else, though her eyes never left Matt. The rest of the meeting went off without a hitch and, soon enough, the two were rushing out of the Strip Club and over to a van. They hopped inside with Matt closing the door behind them. They're met with the sight of a confused Antonio and a worried Hank, who sighed in relief upon seeing his unharmed wife.

"What happened?" Antonio wondered. "We lost you."

"Your wire's in the toilet. You're welcome to dig it out." Matt spat.

"I got a bad feeling and told him to flush it." Ana explained at their confused looks.

"And she was right. They frisked me." Matt added, pulling out the phone and tossing it on the table. "Opened up the back. It works."

"Damn it." Antonio cursed.

"They're worried about ATF." The Lieutenant sighed.

"ATF?" Hank questioned.

"I'll look into it." Antonio offered.

"They talked about cash for construction. Didn't say a word to me about anything illegal." Matt informed.

"Casey, this is a process. These guys are smart." Hank pointed out.

"We regroup, hit them again. Just got to have patience." Antonio added.

"You did good, Matt." Ana smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He sighed in relief, covering it with his own, and looking at her warmly.

*Next Day: Firehouse 51*

Ana was roaming through the halls, looking for Kelly. She wanted to talk to him about the whole Scott Rice situation. Unfortunately, as she began making her way towards his Office, the bell went off.

Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61. Gas leak, 6111 South Mayfield.

*Said Address*

Everyone, sans Chief, arrives and hops out of their vehicles to find a mailman waiting for them in front the building.

"There's a smell of gas coming from 6111. An elderly woman by the name of Edna Miller lives there, but she's out of town for the week." He explained.