We Don't Work Together Anymore

It had been a surprisingly slow day at the District so far and the team had yet to catch another case. It seemed fate planned it this way as Hank received a call from Erin, who had recently started her new job at the FBI Taskforce. She need help with a case and both Sergeants were more than happy to oblige.

So here they are now, in the Taskforce building of operation, being briefed. Apparently, they were trying to take down a Drug Kingpin named Damian Mendoza. If they were successful, it would be a major dent in drug related operations and could even cripple them completely.

"Our CI, Kylie, was supposed to alert us if anything went sideways. Best we got is that she tipped off Mendoza before we raided. We think they're still in Chicago, most likely looking for alternative means to move their cartel cash to Mexico." Agent David Lang informed.

"And that's where our unit- your unit- sorry." Erin corrected herself. "Comes in. You guys know Chicago. We need your help tracking down the key players in Mendoza's operation." She explained.

"Sounds good." Hank nodded while Ana kept quiet.

Just because she was willing to work with these agents, doesn't mean she trusted any of them enough to talk.

"We need Intelligence to focus on Mendoza's three lieutenants, Emilio Quentin, Eduardo Fuentes, and Franco Gamboa. We find them, they'll lead us to Mendoza and the money and hopefully Kylie." Erin continued.

"Lieutenants it is." Hank agreed.

"You know, there are other guys in the cartel." Alvin pointed out. "You look into any of them?"

"Mendoza is the only Zeta member we were able to get eyes on. But if you find a name, follow it down." Lang replied.

"We got a problem." Agent Casillo called as he walked in. "Kylie's brother just filed a missing-persons report."

"Her brother? What's his story?" Antonio wondered.

"He's nobody." Lang dismissed the question as he turns to Casillo. "Call OEMC, have them redact that bulletin, bring the brother in. We don't want any other agency touching this case." He ordered, turning back to the team. "One of our techs can get you set up in a conference room. Analysts are at your disposal."

"We know what we got to do." Hank assured as Ana whispered something in his ear and he nodded in agreement. "Prefer to run this out of our own shop, if it's all the same."

"Stay in contact." Lang conceded with a blank look.

"Of course." Hank replied.

And with that, the team was allowed to head back to the District.

*Bullpen*

Ana is leaning against the Office door frame, Hank is off doing something or another, and everyone else is at their desks, looking for any helpful information.

"I wouldn't mind the federal paycheck. It would be a lot more than I make now." Jay spoke up.

"I wouldn't mind some of those flat screens. Take this place out the '70s if you put them in here." Kevin added, gesturing throughout the room.

"They got nice offices and all, but I don't totally understand Lindsay going there." Adam admitted, and Ana looked over at the mention of her adoptive daughter.

"Why not?" Jay wondered.

"I don't know. It's too uptight. She's all rough and tumble. I mean, maybe she's more of a ladder climber than we thought."  Adam shrugged.

"Since when was ambition a crime?" Ana questioned, glaring at the Officer.

"Fair enough." Adam replied, taking a sip of his coffee as Jay's phone buzzes.