Chapter 24

Joshua walked trough the hallways of the school with a smile plastered all over his face. He felt happy Vernon and him had made up and talked about some things while drinking coffee. And it was all thanks to Jeonghan. If he wasn't there, Joshua would've probably cried until there was no tomorrow and evade Vernon throughout the week. Besides, he really wanted to do something for Jeonghan.

   Joshua saw the tree from afar and ran to it holding two bento boxes close to his chest. Jeonghan turned around.

   "I was starting to think you wouldn't show up"

   "I'm not that late you know" Jisoo said sitting down. He held the lunch boxes on his back.

   "Now where's my gift" Jeonghan said while clapping. Joshua smiled and brought the lunch boxes to the front.

   "Tadaan~" Joshua said smiling widely. "I know it's not much but I hope you enjoy it~!"

   Jeonghan just stared at the latter with a stunned expression. Joshua's smile faded. "Do you..not like it?"

   "N-no I do" Jeonghan sighed. "It's just that, it's been a long time since someone last cooked for me" Jeonghan smiled warmly and Joshua blushed.

   "I-I see" Joshua stuttered while handing Jeonghan the lunch box. "Well, I hope you like it...my cooking skills are still not that great on Korean cuisine" Joshua chuckled while Jeonghan opened the lunch box. Jeonghan's eyes grew wide.

      "Did you really have to be this extra?" Jeonghan said with a smirk

   "Did you really have to be this extra?" Jeonghan said with a smirk. Jisoo pouted.

   "Look man, you need to eat more, you look like a stick"

   "So we're still talking about that huh?"

   Jisoo chuckled and opened his lunch box. "I'm just making sure you're healthy" Jeonghan frowned.

 "I'm just making sure you're healthy" Jeonghan frowned

   "Why is yours cuter than mine!?" He whined.

   "Because, I like cute things! Well not aegyo that's cringy" Jisoo said. He looked at Jeonghan who was laughing.

   "But, you know, I really wanted to show you my gratitude for what you did. You might think you didn't do much, but, if I'm being honest with you I'll say you helped more than you think" Jeonghan smiled.

   "I'm glad I did" Joshua handed Jeonghan some chopsticks and Jeonghan imidiately digged in.

   "This is really good~!" Jeonghan said munching on the food. Joshua smiled warmly upon hearing that. (That smile again...) Jeonghan thought.

   "I'm glad you like it"

   "It really has been a long time since I last ate a cooked meal.."Jeonghan said while eating.

   "Eh? Really?" Jisoo asked. He handed the latter a juice bottle he had bought earlier on the vending machines. Jeonghan thanked him.

   "Yeah, my cooking skills are really bad. Well, not that bad but it's a hassle to cook all the time" Jeonghan said while taking a sip from the juice bottle.

   "Then what do you eat?" Joshua said with worry.

   "I feed myself off ramen"Joshua stared at him with dead fish eyes. "What?"

   Joshua sighed. "You need to eat properly. I know ramen is delicious but cooking once in a while won't kill you.."

   "I know, but cooking is not really my forte.."

   Joshua frowned. "Are you really that bad?"

   "If trying to cook some meat and then giving up on it because you burned it is considered bad then let's say just that"

   Joshua laughed. "I can't believe it! You seem like someone who really knows how to cook!"

   Jeonghan smiled. "I mean, I've tried to but it always ends up in a disaster. So, I normally cook food that's easy to make"

   An idea crossed Joshua's head. "Then..what if I cooked for you?"

   Jeonghan dropped his food. "Eh?"

   "What if I make your lunch from now on?"