The Attack

Addison's POV

When Addison had fallen asleep, everything was peaceful. The werewolf party had just ended and everyone was exhausted.

A loud howl jolted her awake. It screamed of warning. Addison ran into the pathway. Werewolves passed going either way. Addison didn't see Willa or Wyatt anywhere. She tried to smell for them but something was blocking her senses.

That was scary. What was blocking her senses? She felt more like a human then anything. She could still see in the dark pathway but she couldn't smell anything!

Wynter passed by going farther into the den. Addison caught her by the arm.

"What'a happening?" Addison asked.

"Oh good there you are." Wynter looked relieved.

"The Z-Patrol is here. I mean the Monster Patrol. They renamed it. "Wynter said.

"They think they can control us?" Addison snarled.

"Well we smelt them around our den. They are looking for it and its only a matter of time before they find it." Wynter said.

"So where are going to go!?" Addison asked. If the Monster patrol was here and were guarding every enterence, how were they going to retreat?

"We aren't retreating! We're werewolves!" Wynter said letting her inner wolf come out. "Willa and Wyatt are waiting for you in the Wolf Den. Be careful." Wynter said. She quickly hugged Addison and gave a quick smile before she ran away.

Addison took a deep breath and ran up to the Wolf Den. The den was full of young werewolves. All the elders and the were pups were safely tucked away.
Wyatt and Willa stood together talking about something. Addison ran up to them.

"Why are they here?" Addison asked.

"Addison, your dad is the head of the Monster Patrol." Willa said. "He probably thinks that we stole you or something."

"We'll fight them. They aren't coming close to you." Wyatt promised.

"Can't we talk to them? Show them I want to be here." Addison asked.

Willa smiled dryly. "They think we're monsters. They won't talk to us." She said.

A rumble of an engine roared outside the den. She smelt the oily smell of humans. She heard the humans yell to one another.

"The humans are coming!" Willa shouted. "Stay strong and fierce. We are a pack. Stick together."

"Protect the Great Alpha!" Wyatt shouted.

The Monster Patrol rushed in. They wore their normal grey uniforms but instead of Z-patrol badges it was MP. Monster Patrol. The werewolves hissed at them.

The officers drew out huge black guns. More like large smoke machines really. Addison's dad stood behind the troopers like they were his bodyguards.

"Go!" He shouted.

White steam blew out of the guns. It burned Addison's skin. It wasn't like the silver burn. More like someone was repeatedly touching a bad sunburn.

She tried to take a  breath but it made her cough. She was powerless to do anything but cough. Rough arms grabbed her and pulled her out of the steam.

Addison saw the werewolves being taken away. They shouted and hissed at the guards but it did nothing. The guards took out silver handcuffs.

"No!" Addison shouting trying to pull away from the guard who was holding her. Not silver! The humans knew nothing about how much silver could hurt.

It was no use, the silver handcuffs were put on. The werewolves hissed and a little steam was emitted but it didn't seem to hurt them that bad.

The guards took the werewolves outside. The werewolves tried to fight the guards as much as they could but with their hands caught there wasn't much they could do.

Willa and Wyatt were back to back, fighting as if their lives depended on it which it did.  The silver smoke was mostly cleared so they would breath. About ten troopers were around them in a circle.

They were amazing. They slashed and cut and bit the humans trying to get to them. But they also knew when to defend their sibling.

A guard pulled out a silver mist gun and blew it into the siblings faces. They stumbled choking from the steam. The guards rushed in and put silver handcuffs on each of them.

The steam rose from their wrists and their faces showed pain. Still before the guards could grab them they jumped over so their hands were cuffed in the front and kicked the troopers away.

Silver knives appeared. Willa deflected them away with her boot but Wyatt wasn't so lucky. A trooper caught his leg and threw him to the floor. Silver cuffs went on his feet too so he couldn't get up.

Wyatt wasn't done. He tried biting anyone who got close and was moving as much as he could so they couldn't take him away.

Willa noticed what was happening and tried to fight her way over there. A blast of silver steam from a guard made her fall to the ground. The troopers cuffed her legs too.

The troopers had enough. They reached for Wyatt's neckless and ripped it off of his neck. Wyatt gasped for breath.

With Wyatt distracted, they put a mask on him. A muzzle Addison realized. It looked like it was made of cloth but had little silver glints in it. It clamped his mouth closed.

They took Willa's neckless too and muzzled her. They hauled the twins up and forced them to walk out the door. Willa's eyes were on the ground. Addison could feel her embarrassment from over in the other corner. Wyatt looked at Addison, he looked tired and in pain.

Their connection broke when the guard behind him kicked his back and made Wyatt stumble. The cave was silent for about five seconds until disruption from the inner wolf den.

Guards were pulling up the elders and the were pups. They were all shackled. They were walked out the door.

Addison had to do something. She struggled but the guard holding her was really strong.

"Addison." Her dad came over by her. "Are you okay?"

Addison tried to run after the werewolves. "No, dad! Why are you hurting the werewolves?"

"Well, we came home and you weren't there but your phone was so we figured you were at a friends and forgot your phone." Her dad said.

"But then we didn't see you. We felt maybe you were mad at us and didn't question it until the vampires showed up. They told me that you were with the werewolves." Her dad explained. "I knew you wouldn't leave us willingly so I employed the Monster Patrol to save you!'

"I don't need saving dad! I'm a werewolf!" Addison protested.

"Honey, you can't be. Your mother and I aren't werewolves," he laughed. "Stop pretending and come home."

"I am home!" Addison shouted.

Addison's dad stood up and looked at a guard behind Addison. "They did something to her. Take her and the werewolves to Containment."

The guard holding her hauled her to a truck. On the side of it it said Monster Patrol. There were about 7 trucks.

They were closing the backs of two of them. There were narrow benches set up with long chains that comnected to handcuffs. Willa was in one still fighting and Wyatt was in the other, looking dead.

The guard took her to the front of a truck and put her in the passenger seat.  Then he closed the door and pressed a button while he was outside. Pink gas steamed out of the vent system in the car.

Addison held her breath for the longest she could hold but then let it out. She breathed in the pink gas and felt sleepy. She closed her eyes without another thought.