The Promise

Zed's POV

Zed had done the most cowardly thing he had ever done. When the monster patrol came, Zed hid. He found the nearest safe room and locked it down.

Sure he wasn't the only zombie in there. Eliza and Bonzo had been in the room with him. Zed didn't feel like going back to Containment anytime soon.

He didn't even want to help the werewolves who probably didn't know what was happening. Thankfully, no one got taken to Containment and everyone was safe.

He hadn't even checked to see if Addison was okay. She had made it clear that they were just friends. She had Wyatt now. He supposed it was his fault for breaking up her.

The next day Zed met up with Eliza and Bonzo as he usually did and walked to school. It was quiet as they reached school, too quiet.

Zed walked into school with his friends and immediately noticed the werewolves were no where to be found. He also heard music coming from the cheer gym.

He pushed through a crowd that was gathered in the doorway of the gym. It was Addison. She wore her pink and white cheer uniform with her platinum white hair tied back in a ponytail.

She was dancing to the song that was playing. She was very good. When the song stopped, the crowd clapped along with Zed. Addison smiled at the crowd. Then she saw Zed and ran over to him immediately going in for a hug.

"Woah. Wyatt isn't going to kill me now...right?" Zed asked looking around.

"No." Addison said. "We broke up and I left the pack."

"What?" Zed pulled away from the hug so he could look at her. "Why?"

"I realized my true pack is here." She shrugged. "The werewolves only care about themselves."

"What happened?" Zed asked.

"Don't ask." Addison said. "I'm still way too emotional about it."

"Okay?" Zed asked. He was confused. Then he heard a howl. Everyone's head jerked to the sound. "The werewolves are here."

"They wouldn't." Addison said. "They're suspended."

"Do they even know what suspended means?" Zed asked. Addison ran out of the gym towards the hallway. Sure enough the werewolves had arrived. They stood together, looking fierce. The student body trembled.

"Why are you here?" Addison asked.

"Well traitor." Wyatt said sharply. Addison didn't flinch from his tone. She stared him down. He bared his teeth. "We have come to warn the humans that we are leaving forever. We are warning you not to come back to the Wolf Den or you will be killed."

"You haven't killed before. Why do you suddenly start?" Zed asked.

Willa looked at Wyatt before continuing. "We have given up our pitiful human side. We will not hesitate to destroy human flesh!"

"Agg! You werewolves, always standing behind Willa and Wyatt. Where's your sense of independence? Your sense of kindness for others? You don't care about anyone but yourselves!" Addison shouted.

"Your words have no meaning on us traitor." Wyatt said coldly. "We don't need to explain ourselves to you."

Willa and Wyatt started a howl which the werewolves joined in. They bared their teeth and quickly ran away, leaving dust in their path.

"Woah." Zed said. "So that just happened."

"Whatever. I don't know why they think they are so high and mighty now." Addison said crossing her arms.