The Ceremony

Willa's POV

Willa spent the rest of the night by her brother's side. Wyatt himself did nothing but sleep but Willa paced through small cave the whole time.

She needed to figure out what made her brother go so crazy and how to fix it. She didn't recall anything from her studies on ancient wolf scrolls about a smell that made wolves go crazy.

She had never studied like she needed to. Wyatt had always studied. Willa loved their practical lessons like fighting and hunting.

On one hand she wanted to go study to help Wyatt, but on the other hand, she wanted to be with him. She had spent all night deciding what to do.

"Willa." Wayne said from the enterence to the cave.

"Yes alpha?" Willa said staring straight at her father.

"Willa. I'm sorry. I hope in the events of this past night and day, we can realize that we need to stay together as a family. Wyatt or you could have been killed. I would rather Wyatt be crazy and living then dead. We could have been morning a family member." Wayne said.

"We are in war." Willa said simply. "Its time for you to decide if you want to please the pack or save lives." She stormed out of the cave.

She walked down the Tunnels and into the Scroll Cave.

"Willow." She said to the elder, who was taking her turn of guarding the scrolls. "Do you have any scrolls on Wyatt's problem yet?"

"Of course not!" She gasped. "Their has been death in our pack!"

Willa mentally scolded herself. In her worry of Wyatt, she had forgotten the pain the rest of the pack was going through. The pain Wynter was going through.

"Er yes right." Willa said. "I need to bring Wynter some food."

Willa went up to the main cave and looked at the werewolves by the moonstone. She felt sick. She went and got some food for Wynter. Then she went down to Wynter 's cave.

"Wynter?" Willa said softly. "How are you?"

"Bad." Wynter said. "Where have you been this whole night?"

"I was with Wyatt. But that's no excuse. I should have been with you. I'm a terrible pack mate." Willa said.

Wynter was sitting on her moss bed, turned around. She suddenly flung herself around and into Willa's arms. Tears running down her face.

"He's dead." She sobbed. "I can't stay mad at anyone! I can't control my emotions." Willa touched her forehead to Wynter's angling their lips far away. It was the traditional werewolf way of saying sorry.

"I'm sorry." Willa said. "Waylon was a great packmate and friend."

"He was." Wynter said. She flung herself on her bed. "How can I go on without my brother?"

Willa asked herself that everyday. "Live as he would want you to live. You'll see him again. In the moon."

"Its not the same! It will be centuries before I see him again!" Wynter said. "Why did he die now? We need all the pack we can have!"

"I don't know Wynter. We'll find out eventually." Willa said.

Wynter looked up suddenly. "Wyatt's not dead, is he?"

"No!" Willa said.

"At least one thing is going right." Wynter said.

Willa caught a scent of morning. "It's almost dawn. We should go up for the departing service."

"No!" Wynter cried. "I don't want to go! I can't see him like that!"

Willa gently picked Wynter up and helped her walk to the Wolf Den where the pack was standing.

Wayne stood up on the high rock. "We gather this morning to start a new day. We depart the brave wolves who have fallen and joined the moon in the sky. "

"Winston, Wren, Waylon, Wylie and Whitney. You have done the great sacrifice for our pack. You shall have eternal honor for your sacrifice. Depart and have peace." Wayne started a howl of honor, a low tone. Everyone joined in.

Blue whisps from the bodies of the werewolves flew around the cave before splitting. Half went out the cave and up towards the moon. The other half shot into the moonstone making it glow brightly with power.

Wynter cried. Willa rubbed circles on her back. The bodies of the werewolves turned a misty blue and with a strong wind faded away.

It was done. Wayne picked up their individually carved moonstones and carried them down to a carefully hidden store of moonstones.

Willa had done that ceremony so many times she had lost count. Throughout the sickness, the ceremony was never any less sad.

Wynter ran to her mom and dad and hugged them both. Willa hated to leave her like that but she needed to find a cure for Wyatt.

She ran down to the Scroll Cave and opened up one about smells. And so the hunt began.