CHAPTER 3

Doyoung was freaking out.

Was his hair okay? Were his toes clean? Was he smelly?

These thoughts flooded his mind as he waited for Taeyong to come over.

Yes, the oh-so-awesome Taeyong was going to come over to complete a project.

Yes, it was just a project. But still, who knows what a project could escalate into?

I mean, all fanfictions are based off these project works after all.

So Doyoung was just freaking out.

Good Lord.

His freaking-out session was however brought to a halt as he heard the bell of his apartment ring.

Suddenly Doyoung had breathing problems.

Miraculously, he reached the door and opened it to see a pissed off Taeyong.

Definitely not what Doyoung expected.

"Taeyong, you okay?" Doyoung asked, slightly frowning, not wanting to see Taeyong angry or sad.

"Just get on with the project work , Doyoung. I'm not here to have long talks here."

To say that Doyoung felt hurt is an understatement.Taeyong just walked over his feelings like that. No hesitation whatsoever.

Doyoung gulped his sadness down his throat and said in a voice way too composed, "Alright, lets start the work then. "

Both boys walked up into Doyoung's room and settled down in front of his study table. Diligently, they started working on the project with no words exchanged.

It was awkward at first , but both got used to it soon. The silence prolonged for another two hours and at this point, it was slowly accepted by both.

Well, that was until Doyoung's eyes casually glanced at Taeyong arm .

Weird marks and designs curled lazily against his arms. Sickening figures of violence and weapons were etched into his perfect skin.

Doyoung felt a cold shiver run down his spine. The air suddenly turned cold, eerie.  What was this weird sensation in the pit of his stomach?

Unfortunately, Doyoung's glances were noticed by Taeyong who immediately pulled his shirt sleeve down to cover his arm. "Focus on the work, Kim", he said in harsh tone.

Doyoung swallowed, "Yeah, why wouldn't I ?"

Taeyong finally left Doyoung's house leaving him to finally get some rest.

But sleep couldn't find its way to Doyoung that night. Instead , disgust laced into Doyoung's thoughts as he thought about how each gruesome tattoo was surrounded by roses

Beautiful red roses.

Beautiful, sinister red roses.

*******

After an hour or so, Taeyong left with their project completely finished. How they completed the whole project in just an hour was a mystery to Doyoung, yet, a relief. But apparently that's the kind of mystery Taeyong creates.

With quick strokes and neat handwriting, he created a perfect project. Doyoung's contribution was less compared to Taeyong, but that didn't stop Doyoung from feeling an unexplainable wave of pride every time he looked at the project.

Giggling softly with happiness, Doyoung stepped out of his house to go to the convenience store for a few chocolate bars.

He walked on the brightly lit road with a broad grin on his face. Nothing seemed to bother him at the moment at all.

He was at peace.

He went into the store, pulled out all the eatables he wanted and headed towards the billing counter. The cashier was a sweet teenage girl who smiled at him while billing his stuff.

She was acting completely fine until she raised her head a bit and saw through the window.
Two tall men, clad in black and hidden in masks stood outside the store, staring through the glass walls.

She stared at them, causing Doyoung to turn back as well. Sadly, Doyoung couldn't get to look at them for long, because the moment he turned back, the men quickly turned away.

At this, some sort of an instinct clicked in him. He dashed out to chase those men with surprising speed. Ooh la la, who knew Doyoung was this quick on his feet.

Doyoung, however, quickly decided to stop fanboying over himself and focus on the appearance of the men. He wanted to take all of their features in so that he can later on distinguish them.

This thought was however was failed to be put into action for one common feature of the men reminded Doyoung of a man he had been stalking for months.

The perfect roses snaking on their skin reminded him of Taeyong.

Doyoung's delay in action allowed the men to run away into the night, merging into the darkness as one.

Yes, the men were gone. But their roses were
imprinted into Doyoung's mind like fresh scars.

Scars that would probably take too long to forget.