CHAPTER 9

Yuta and Doyoung walked together in an uncomfortable silence until they reached a room towards the left wing of the place wherever he was.

He could tell it was the left wing for a huge placard was pinned to walled with golden letters spelling 'Left Wing'. The second last room on the right side was open and Yuta and Doyoung went into it.

There, he was greeted by a large wallhanging with careful descriptions of a tall woman dressed in an traditional Indian attire. He was then gestured to sit down on the chair in front of the wall hanging. Again, kalamkari work on all the furniture.

"So Doyoung, I understand how confused you are" Yuta began only to be cut off by Doyoung. "I'm not confused. I know you guys are a cult doing shit around the town."

Yuta clicked his tongue slightly on the word 'cult' but only said, " Not only are you confused, you are also wrong."  At this, Doyoung sighed and said "Tell me how I am wrong."

At that Yuta smiled again, "That I will. Now listen carefully, darling. Things will not be told twice."

Yuta reached for the hanging and pulled it up to show the wall instead. On the wall were elaborate painting of men and demons fighting while certain people looked upon from the sky without interfering.

"Are you familiar with Indian mythology, Doyoung?" The other shook his head,
"Not really" Doyoung replied honestly "I'm not much of a history addict."

"Then I guess I have to explain it all from the beginning. Let me tell you a story, child. After I'm done with it, you tell me what you think of it." To this, Doyoung nodded and then Yuta started, his voice melodiously ringing out in well modulated tones.

A perfect story teller indeed.

"According to Indian mythology, there exists three worlds in parallel lines. First was the heaven of the higher beings or the devas, namely the gods. It was the world of light and brightness"

"Then there was the lower world of the demons or the asuras. It was the world of darkness and cruelty."

"The intermediate world was that of the humans. This world was a mixture of both light and darkness and could be easily affected by the other two worlds."

"All the three worlds were mortal and subjects to death. Now death is a horrible truth, isn't it?" Yuta asked, to which Doyoung nodded.

"So, to go against death, the gods and the demons got together and churned the seven seas to form a single vial of a golden liquid called amrith.  It was the elixir of life and guaranteed immortality."

"According to the pact made, the elixir was to be shared by both- gods (devas) and the demons(asuras). But the gods decided that it was better not to give immortality to havoc causing demons and broke their pact and kept the elixir to themselves. Not very nice,right?" Yuta asked again with silence as his only response.

"So that's the base story for us. We believe that the world is crooked in a sense. Society supports the good even though it is wrong. They suppress the bad in the name of good. That's sick isn't it?"

Doyoung's brain ringed through the silence. This odious reasoning was so true, it made him question if these madmen were actually the good guys.

"What do you need me for?" Doyoung asked, his voice surprisingly stable. Yuta looked at him in the eye for the first time, this time, his eyes very much readable.

His eyes glinted in promise of something Doyoung couldn't pinpoint. Probably a promise that Doyoung will later on understand.

Or a promise that he never would.

A promise of a crystal view or a promise of a perfect mind play.

As Yuta smiled leaning into Doyoung, his hands wrapping along his shoulders in a tender manner, Doyoung could think of only one thing.

Was Yuta accepting him or was he simply tying his hands with invisible ropes of sweet manipulation?

Tie the knot tighter,Yuta.

________________________________
So, I've been crying over limitless for umpteenth time.

BABY ITS YOU~
_____________________________