CHAPTER 31

Taeyong looked dubious, unsure and alert. All his senses were alive and kicking, his hormones gearing for the flight reaction if anything unwanted did happen. He stared and Doyoung and gulped down.

"Say something.", Taeyong said, "Don't remain silent. It scares me." He said fidgeting. Doyoung remained still, not a single vibration passing from his larynx.

This silence was probably too much for a first time confessor like Taeyong. Taeyong shook his head slowly as he retreated towards the door, his heart growing painful thorns with each step he took away from Doyoung.

He turned around when a hand dragged him back into the room. Kim Doyoung looked at him with frenzy eyes, "Wait! Don't leave."

Taeyong raised his eyebrows, "You just rejected me, Doyoung. I need time for myself now, i can't possibly stay here." He said honestly, eyes eyes somewhat wet.

Doyoung noticed this and smiled while holding his hand out to Taeyong's cheek. "What's so funny?" Taeyong asked, his mind momentarily losing focus due to Doyoung's touch, "Don't laugh at me now. I'm still hurt."

"Why are you hurt?" Doyoung asked in a soft voice. Taeyong looked stunned, "Gee, Doyoung. I guess you didn't realise that you rejected me."

Doyoung laughed this time, "You are indeed thick skulled, Taeyong. I don't even remeber rejecting you." Doyoung looked at Taeyong in the eye, both hands in his cheek.

"I didn't reject you. I just didn't give my answer yet." Doyoung said, his eyes not wavering. Taeyong looked for any sort of a hesitance in Doyoung's eyes, but found none of it. Instead, he was greeted by the iron soul of his, strong and unbreakable.

"Taeil was right. I really do like you." Doyoung said. With these words, flowers erupted all around his heart, pure and large.
"Not just 'like' honestly. I really love you Taeyong, no matter what you did or who you are."

Taeyong felt Doyoung's words bewitch him into a trance, the time slowed down and the light faltered. With Doyoung, time felt lethargic, wrapping itself around him.

"I'm so happy Doyoung. I'm so happy." Taeyong said, his attention all on Doyoung. "Tell me again, is this not a dream?"He said, pulling Doyoung into his arms.

"Not at all. I'm real, you're real. All of this is our blessing. This life has blessed us with a gift in reality. Believe it Taeyong." Doyoung smiled, slowly placing his lips onto Taeyong.

They poured all their soul into it, the negative feelings and the happy memories. From their memories of childhood to their fears and pleasures experienced in the adult world.

It wasn't a kiss with only happiness, it was something far more complex and stronger than that. 

It was a kiss of truth, a tryst with fate.

There wasn't one lie in it, there wasn't one thing hidden in it. It was raw and genuine.

Taeyong pulled back and stared at Doyoung who just laughed. His glorious laugh ringing like the echo of a golden bell, "I feel much better now. It feels like everything is going well."

Taeyong hummed, "True indeed." They just stood in each other's arms until they heard muffled screaming from behind the door.

Curious, they both opened the door to find an over excited Taeil rolling on the floor, sounding like a dying weasel.

Doyoung just chuckled, "Get up, hyung. You're acting like a buffoon." Taeil noticed the two staring at him and immediately stood up, "Ah..Yes, please excuse me. I was searching for my lost earring." He said to which Taeyong countered, "You don't have any piercings hyung."

Taeil looked flustered and just shook his head, "Ah yes, silly me. Now I think I'll take my leave. Ahahahah." He said, backing towards the stairs with his face still towards the two.

"That was creepy." Doyoung said, when Taeil had left completely. "It is, but I still think we owe him, don't you think so?" Taeyong asked.

"Oh yeah we do. Without him, you probably would never figure it out by yourself." Doyoung snickered. "Hey! It's not my fault you're so unreadable."

"Sure Taeyong. I'm so mysterious." Doyoung said, as the other smiled like a goof, "Yeah you are."

"What a fool." Doyoung said, "By the way, you kiss like a dog."

"NO I DONT." Said Taeyong, taking full offence.

___________________________________________

I stepped on a rat yesterday.

i screamed so loud that my mother thought i died and the neighbours thought i set the house on fire