CHAPTER 28

The next day, Doyoung got up early with the Sun and got ready for his second day in the National Medical Branch.

He wasn't nervous or dreading about that place anymore. In fact, he was excited to go there. He wanted to alter the gas as fast as possible and make those criminals pay for their crudeness.

He couldn't wait to watch those scientists suffer.

He rushed down to see Taeil already dressed up in his white coat and neat hair, "C'mon Doyoung, we're taking the metro today."
Doyoung nodded as they both stepped into the vast garden.

"Uhh....are we walking to the metro station? Just asking cause it's like 3km away from us." Doyoung said nervously. "Oh, no no. Taeyong is driving as of course." Taeil huffed, "Who is going to walk a whole whopping 3km?"

At the mention of Taeyong, our homeboy perked up immediately. Taeil noticed this and laughed lightly, "My, my, Doyoung. You are too obvious." He taunted.

Doyoung just turned red and looked away, looking out for any figure that resembled Taeyong. He was looking over the bush when a hand reached for him.

"HOLY COW-" Doyoung screamed, only to later on calm down when he realised it was Taeyong.

It seems like he didn't come from the bushes. 

"Such a scaredy cat, eh Doyoung?" Taeyong asked, motioning for them to get in the car while softly laughing as Taeil snickered like a demon.

"No one is going to kill you here, darling." Taeil butted in, ruining any further interaction between the other two. All three got into the car and settled down. The car's engine roared to life and they were soon heading into the concrete jungle.

The ride was over pretty quick and they got down at the metro station. Doyoung headed to leave when he saw a smiling Taeyong.

"What?" He asked, slightly flustered.
"Nothing Doyoung. Just do your best okay? I trust you."

****
Doyoung walked into the reception, watching  some of the little children on the street laugh at some random kindergarten joke.

He really did miss being like a child, innocent and oblivious. But he knew couldn't and didn't think about it. Now he has to do something more important.

He had grown up and the transient phase of a pure childhood has passed. At this moment, he was a grown adult, altering the world. He turned his head to the front and walked into the laboratory, scanning his special ID and entering the space.

There, they were greeted and notified about the gas developments and were headed to their tables. Taeil sat beside Doyoung, "Ready to change it, sugar?" He asked Doyoung, who smiled in return.

*****

Minutes passed by as they worked on the gas.
The minutes turned into hours, the hours turned into sunsets, the sunsets turned into days and the days turned into months.

It was only on the 23dh month of May, that they finally managed to change it. 

The gas was now a product of the Asura. Under the careful engineering of two brilliant minds, the pale neon gas turned into something more than a beauty product.

"Dr Kayne!" Hendery cheered, "We did it!" No side effects on anyone for a whole week! We drenched them in the gas, directly pumped it into their windpipes. Yet, nothing happened, except changing their beauty!"

Taeil laughed like a professional actor, "Indeed! We did it Hendery! Can't wait to let it into the market!" He laughed.

"Yes, yes. But first, we should inaugurate it with all the leaders of the World! This is huge, my man!" Hendery laughed. Doyoung nodded as Taeil chuckled.

'Poor Hendery' Doyoung thought as a mad sense of pity and happiness erupted in his heart. He didn't know about what he was stepping into, or what he going to face.

Doyoung just smiled and leaned in for a hug, Hendery readily accepted it, with the others cheering out loud.

"Well then, we must prepare for the inauguration, you two can leave. The planning committee and I will remain here." Hendery said waving the others to leave as well.

Taeil and Doyoung nodded, bid their goodbyes and left the place. They headed to the metro station and hitched a couple of tickets for their base. They remained silent throughout the entire ride, afraid of any listening walls or observant eyes.

They got down and saw Taeyong at the end and headed towards him. As soon as they got in, Taeil and Doyoung started laughing, causing Taeyong to look at the rear mirror in worry.

"You two are fine?" He asked, causing the other two to laugh even more. "Guys?" Taeyong asked again, looking back. Doyoung wiped an escaping tear from his eye as he said, "We did it, Taeyong. The Asura's gas is ready and prepared."

Taeyong's eyes blew up as he mouth slowly turned into a gentle smile. He said nothing and just turned to the road back again. But it didn't matter.

It didn't matter for they all could feel how happy they were.

________________________________

See? I'm trying to get the story really fast paced.

I felt like for the initial chapters I dragged on and on giving the basic concept and now I can finally turn into a quick paced story.

Anyway, I can't believe Xiaojun is acting in a drama.