CHAPTER 20

The sky wore a dull shade of morning blue mixed with the faint glow of the retreating night. The clouds moved groggily across the sky as the sun kissed them in a golden hue.

A dark van raced across the asphalt towards the towering walls of the Neo Medical Branch. Taeyong, the driver, nibbled on his lips as he drove through the gateway with Taeil looking out of the window.

Doyoung sat still, looking at Taeyong.

Yes, despite this being a crucial moment in his life, Doyoung just stared at the gorgeous man who was driving. He just couldn't help it. He was very much drooling over the sight when the car came to an abrupt halt.

"We're here, get down Doyoung. And Taeyong, leave the car somewhere in the bushes and take the subway, we can't afford anyone tracking this car." Taeil got down as Taeyong nodded with Doyoung closing the door.

Doyoung gave one glance towards the car and his eyes met with the sharp ones of Taeyong's.

Those beautiful brown eyes looked so young yet timeless. They felt like black holes to Doyoung, dragging all attention into them. Taeyong then smiled before mouthing a 'Good luck, bunny' and left casually.

Bunny?! Doyoung was blushing ferociously.

Goddamn Lee Taeyong and his amazing audacity.

Taeil on the other hand was getting quiet impatient. He was the front row audience to this lovey dovey session and he felt like he was sick. Or maybe he was just lonely.

But anyhow, he grabbed Doyoung by the arm and led him in, "Ok, listen up Doyoung. You will use your real name and degree. You have to pose like my assistant, and by the way, refer to me as Kayne West from now on."

Doyoung was caught off guard.

"Kayne West?" He spluttered out, "Of all the fake names that lie between Robin and Rahul, you chose Kayne West?!" Taeil just rolled his eyes as if to say 'I do what I want' and walked on.

The walls of the building were pitch white, the blinding type. A checkered marble covered the floor as a large white chandelier hung from the building like a huge particle of fresh snow. In the middle sat the reception, with a short lady at its telephone.

Taeil, or now known as Kayne West, rested his hand against the grey stone of the reception and leaned towards the lady, "Professor Kayne West and assistant Kim Doyoung." He said in a calm voice.

The reception looked up with a smile, "Ah, we have been waiting for you sir. Head towards the left and then take the first right, straight to the main bureau." Taeil nodded and headed in the given direction.

They reached a bizarre door with old hangings and opened it slightly. In it, were men in white suits, busy with the colourful solutions and burning metals. A man in the front looked up and noticed them.

"You are...?" The man asked, to which Taeil promptly replied, "Kayne West." There was a brief silence and then the voices broke out.
"Ah! Dr Kayne West! Welcome sir, welcome. I'm Huang Hendery. And this is your assistant, suppose?"
"Yes, yes. This is Kim Doyoung, a freshman at StanTaeil Medical Collage. Young, but his blood is flowing with passion for the sciences." Taeil chuckled.

The men gave a few nods and smiles and then took them towards the table, "The works you sent in were incredible, Kayne. We were astonished on the whole. It is a great honour to work with you."

Taeil looked pleased, "Oh no no, please don't say that. It is my honour after all. Now, please introduce us to the work done till now please." Taeil looked to this side, "Pay attention Kim."

They were led to a table with a file filled with notes and rubrics. "This is the work we take pride in."

Hendery explained, "We are working for the new release of a gas that will slow your looks from aging down. We want a gas that can make us the most supreme generation. This can make a man of 40years look like a 25year old!"

Hendery beamed, "Isn't that great? All you need is a few heavy sniffs and voila! You are now young!"

Taeil looked up at the papers, "But it's not competed yet?" He asked, Hendery looked up, "Not yet, Kayne. This is where we need you help."

Taeil nodded as he went towards them, leaning to read more from the papers. A thin smirk lining his face.

He found it utmost ridiculous that they actually thought the Asura was helping them.

Oh, these fools.

________________________________

Now, now. What does the gas actually do?