CHAPTER 15

Yuta walked down the hallway towards the room of Lee Taeyong. Walking in a brisk pace, he remembered the first time he saw Taeyong.

Lee Taeyong, Asura's finest member with immense caliber. Everyone who joined Asura voluntarily have some sort of a personal reason and so did Taeyong.

Lee Taeyong was a poor boy who lived in rags. His father, a gambling addict, paid no attention to him, nor did his classmates. His mother was the only person who looked at him, but sadly she passed away way too early, leaving no one for Taeyong.

The boy then went onto the streets as a minor delinquent, robbing passerbys and tourists in the late night. It was then on one night he ran into Yuta.

Lee Taeyong tried to rob Nakamoto Yuta, but failed. Then instead of being taken to the police, he was taken to a group of people who were like him, broken and desperate.

For the first time, someone held Taeyong's hand. And that was done by Nakamoto Yuta.

Yuta guided him, groomed him and cared for him. He was Taeyong's reliance. And Yuta knew this too.

Yuta knew the impact he had on Taeyong and he knows the impact Taeyong has on him. Taeyong was like his son. He couldn't help but care for him.

He reached the handle and opened the door. The room was like Taeyong, neat and orderly. Minimalistic furniture adorned the room, while the heavily worked wallpaper constrasted them. On the bed sat Taeyong, slightly agitated.

"Taeyong" Yuta called, to which Taeyong immediately shot his head up. Yuta could see the troubled eyes, Taeyong was never like this.
"Anything wrong, Tae?" He asked.

"Yes, Yuta." Taeyong answered, "Something is wrong."  Yuta thinned his lips, "it's about the boy, isn't it?" He asked and Taeyong nodded.

"Doyoung is too innocent for this mess, Yuta" Taeyong continued, "He is too pure. Must we do this to him?"
Yuta breathed out, "What is the boy to you, Taeyong?"

"I don't know, Yuta. But it seems like I have grown to care for him. He always followed me, so I kept on eye on him. His tactics, behaviour and mentality, all of them charm me. He even joined Asura for me, or because of me, and it makes me feel important for once. Like I can be  loved for once. It feels weird, but I care about him and his safety now. It's too late for me to turn back."

"What do you want to do then, Taeyong?" Yuta asked, "Let him go and leave? You know you can't do that."
"Why is that?" Taeyong asked roughly, "the next thing in the morning, I'll drag him out of here. I will mend my errors."

"Oh, Taeyong. You can't do that" Yuta said in a whisper, "The council has eyes on him, we can't let him go." Yuta smiled.

Taeyong's eyes blew open. If the council wanted Doyoung, the outcome would never be good.

"He is naive. He will not suffice" Taeyong said, hoping Yuta would change his mind about Doyoung and leave him. But Yuta was a master manipulator and he could recognise any attempts of convincing.

"I don't think so, Taeyong." Yuta said, "He should be enough, and if he isn't, then we will use him all up, till the very end."  He smiled again and ruffled Taeyong's hair. But Taeyong didn't feel any better.

Yuta walked towards the door and turned behind, "Don't get any of your feelings in the way, Taeyong. Doyoung is to help the Asura and he will do so no matter how much it costs him or you. Don't even try to protect him."

"Can I stay beside him atleast?" Taeyong asked, his voice raspy. Yuta hummed, "Sure, but remember, he is Taeil's care. If Taeil tells you to stay away or leave, then you listen."

"Understood" Taeyong said.

"Good boy." Yuta said and left the room.

How cruel the world is.

________________________________

My exams are finally done so we are back to timely updates!
_______________________________