CHAPTER 13

The night went ahead in a sober way.

There wasn't too much of loud noise or screaming. Instead, soft piano tunes accompanied the subtle chatter of the members.

Doyoung was introduced to many people, most of them in their late teens or early twenties.
Jeno and Jaemin had their own circle of friends around their age while Taeyong happened to hang out with Lucas and two others called Sicheng and Jungwoo.

Lucas approached him with a hearty smile, "Called us mad dogs before, what bout now?" He handed Doyoung a glass of sparkling liquid.
Doyoung took the glass and said while inspecting it, "Decided that the dogs are quite fun. And what is this?"

"Rose Vermouth. Drink it in one shot." He said.
Doyoung nodded and put the rim to us mouth, the smell was intoxicating, filling his senses in a nice residue of rose petals. He swung the glass and gulped it down, the liquor slashing his throat subtly.

"Woah, nice going boy." Sicheng said, putting his arm around Lucas with Taeyong behind him. "Don't force yourself, Doyoung." Taeyong said smiling.

"I'm not." Doyoung said in a small pout, "It's really good. I like this, it's worth joining a cult." He chuckled, looking at the three in front.

At those words, their faces fell. The joy in their eyes darkened out,
"Don't say that, Doyoung." Lucas said, "We're not a cult, call us an organisation. We're not mad or brainwashed, we know want we want. You need to realise that too." He ended.

Doyoung gaped like a dead fish, "I'm...sorry. I didn't mean it." He said with his head down.
"It's fine Doyoung." Sicheng said chuckling, "Just don't do it ever again." Doyoung nodded.

Just then, Jeno came to Sicheng, "Yuta hyung called for you hyung. Go fast." Sicheng nodded smally and headed for the council table while Lucas spoke, "Oh, Jungwoo and I are hungry, we'll go get some food."

This left Taeyong and Doyoung alone.

Doyoung pondered about what to say when Taeyong spoke out, "How sure are you about this?" He asked.

Doyoung was struck off guared. Taeyong always seemed to read him easily even though they rarely spent time with each other.
They barely knew each other, but it still felt perfectly normal to be like this.

He wanted to tell Taeyong about his doubts and all problems when Lucas and Jungwoo returned with two plates in each hand.

"Eat up boys! We got to fill ourselves after all!"
Lucas boomed with Jungwoo nodding.

Doyoung smiled, reaching for a plate. It seems like for now he couldn't pour his heart out.

******
Sicheng walked the dark corridors with Yuta, his breath soft against the cold night air. He looked at the man beside him, perfect and ethereal.

Yuta was one of the council, the highest ones in the Asura. To be with him felt like a dream for he was so far ahead in talent and contribution.

But now, it felt calming, oddly.

Yuta, to him now, was no longer a person to be nervous around. He no longer panicked or was drowned in awe with his presence.

Instead, he felt peaceful.

The red haired man calmed him, made him be himself and not some sort of a killing machine, though it is the council that directs him to kill.

"What is it Yuta?" Sicheng asked, "Another mission?"
Yuta smiled softly, "Why must we get straight to the point? Don't you like this time with me?" He asked Sicheng.

"I do" Sicheng replied honestly, "But you didn't call me for a simple walk and I know that. So tell me." Yuta laughed this time, his golden voice thawing the winter night.

"Well done, Sicheng. I'll get to the point. I just wanted a walk." Yuta said.
"I can do tha- wait what?" Sicheng said surprised.

"I said I wanted a walk. Why are you so cruel?" Yuta said, shaking his head in dismay. He held Sicheng's hand and lead him to a stone hedge and sat down on it, making Sicheng do the same.

To Sicheng, the man felt like an angel.

The moonlight enveloped him in a dull glow, making his red hair shine bright like a ruby. His eyes shone like the sea in day and his breaths sounded like a hymn to his ears.

"Why is it so surprising to you Sicheng?" Yuta said, pulling Sicheng on his shoulder, "I thought you knew I like spending time with you. This is my true emotion, not a lie."

"I see." Sicheng said, breathing in Yuta's skin.
Yuta laughed at his short answer, "Answers always in brevity." Yuta said.

He put his hands to Sicheng's cheek and pushed his head onto his own shoulder. Sicheng complied and stayed on Yuta's shoulder.
"My Sicheng indeed." Yuta said, leaning to place a gentle kiss on his cheek.