CHAPTER 33

The crowd cheered on and on as Donghyuck reached for a lever and put his hand on it, "What me to pull it down?" He asked, exciting the crowd even more, "You want me to?"

Doyoung craned his neck trying to see the people. To see the idiots who were cheering for their death. He put his neck out slowly when Taeil chuckled behind him.

"Curious to see the soon-to-be-corpses darling?" He asked to which Doyoung nodded. Taeil motioned Doyoung to come over near the small window like thing near him.

Doyoung came rushing towards it and put his eye on the hole. He smiled brightly looking at the world leaders all smiling and cheering on Lee Donghyuck.

He was completely happy when suddenly he heard a small voice next to a man, "Papa, will this gas make me pretty?" Asked a child in a light pink dress.

Her rosy cheeks and bright eyes tingling with the happiness of something so new. Her mother put her hand on her, "Of course child. Our medical branch worked so hard for this. You must thank them."

Doyoung eyes widened as he turned immediately towards Taeil, "Hyung! There is a child here!" He exclaimed, "We can't kill a child! We must stop Donghyuck from pulling the lever!"

At this, Taeil smiled, "Of course not, Doyoung. We came this far and I will not let you ruin it. The Asura aimed fo this moment from the beginning and you want to stop it?" He put his hand on Doyoung's chin, "I will not let you."

"Hyung what are you saying!" Doyoung said, trying to run away from Taeil. He was however jerked back by Taeil who held him with his hand, pushing his face to the gap, "No running away child." He whispered in his ear, "You can't miss the show."

Doyoung felt tears in his eye as he watched the complete audience. There were more than a hundred children in the arena. There were also many clueless people just sitting in anticipation of this new creation.

"What is this, Chenle?" Asked a small voice in a corner. "I don't know, Jisung. But my dad just bought us here saying it's some landmark in history. I guess we should feel proud."

Doyoung began to cry profoundly at this. He couldn't believe it, he was going to kill children,  bright students, loving mothers and caring fathers all in one go.

Curse this paradox of a world.

In this world where murderers constitute a caring family and darling dreamers are victims of a cruel hero, reality is subjective to each individual.

Taeil smiled into his ear, "Look at that, Doyoung. Look at how they will die now." He laughed lightly, sweet like honey, "Watch them laugh while they embrace with death."

Doyoung tried to move over and over, but Taeil was too experienced for him. Taeil was using technique to hold him, not brute force. So it was practically impossible for Doyoung to move.

"Please, hyung." Doyoung begged as Donghyuck held the lever, ready to push it down, "Let them go hyung."

Doyoung watched in horror as Donghyuck started a countdown. The crowns chanted..

Three....
Please don't do it

Two.....
You'll regret it, please don't

One......
I'm sorry I killed you.

Donghyuck pulled the lever down as pale neon gas filled the room. The crowd laughed as they inhaled it. Tiny hands of little children tried to hold the neon clouds. Teen breathed and laughed, holding onto their siblings and friends.

They all were going to die.

He felt faint as Taeil dragged back quickly to their car. "We can't stay here anymore, it's going to become a gas chamber." Said Taeil, dropping a limp Doyoung into the car and starting it.

Doyoung felt the guilt of a murderer set into him.

He had been so naive. His wish to important and included had killed millions. He had everything a person wanted, but his greed for more made him believe the Asura and work for them.

Now, he was a mass murderer.

"Well done, Dr Kim Doyoung. You have proved to be truly loyal to the Asura." Taeil laughed and began singing along to a radio song like nothing ever had happened.

Doyoung looked out of the window, the little girl's laugh still in his mind.

20 more days and she would be dead.

Oh, Doyoung. Is this what you wanted?

________________________________

7 more chapters before the story ends.